Langan’s Engagement with Emerging Contaminants
- SETAC North America Focused Topic Meeting: Environmental Risk Assessment of PFAS, “Human health risk assessment of per and polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS) using a Toxic Equivalency Factor (TEF) approach for a site in New Jersey,” August 14, 2019 – Presenter, Emily Strake, Senior Risk Assessor.
- Pennsylvania Bar Institute Webinar, “PFAS-Regulation, Liabilities and Potential Cost Recovery, July 22, 2019 – Speaker, Jeffrey A. Smith, Associate/Hydrogeologist.
- Surplus Properties Roundtable in Michigan, May 21-23, 2019 – Speaker, Stew Abrams, Technical Director of Remediation Technology.
- PFAS Experts Symposium, May 20-21, 2019, Attendee, Stew Abrams, Technical Director of Remediation Technology.
- PFAS Congressional Task Force Roundtable, May 6, 2019, Lingke Zeng, Remediation Technology Specialist, and Emily Strake, Senior Risk Assessor, Invited Speakers.
- 97th Annual Pennsylvania State Association of Township Supervisors, April 14-17, 2019; “Contaminants of Emerging Concern: Risks, Regs, and Residents” – Presenter, Adam Hackenberg, Sr. Project Manager/Hydrogeologist at Langan.
- Battelle Institute’s Fifth International Symposium on Bioremediation and Sustainable Technologies, April 15 to 18, 2019:
- “Combined Treatment of Emerging Contaminants with CVOCs,” Chair – Stew Abrams, Technical Director of Remediation Technology.
- “1,4-Dioxane Bio Augmentation During and After Anaerobic Degradation,” [L. Zeng, S. Abrams, A. Oka, M. Li, and F. Li]; Presenter: Lingke Zeng, Remediation Specialist
- LSRPA Annual Remediation Conference, “PFAS, 1,4-Dioxane and other Compounds of Emerging Concern,” January 2019, Co-presenter – Caryn Barnes, Principal,
- Commerce Magazine, “Unusual Sampling Protocols Required By PFAS Emerging Contaminants,” November 2018, Co-Author, Ryan Andersen, Senior Project Manager, Link: https://www.cianj.org/commag/november2018/index.html
- Remediation of Emerging Contaminants: Trends in Science and Regulations, “Case Study,” November 30, 2018, Presenters – Caryn Barnes, Principal and Stew Abrams, Technical Director of Remediation Technology
- Bloomberg Environment, “Practitioner Insights: Challenges of Regulating Chemicals of Emerging Concern,” May 8, 2018, Authors, Nick DeRose, Senior Consultant and Adam Hackenberg, Senior Project Manager/Hydrogeologist. Link: https://news.bloombergenvironment.com/environment-and-energy/practitioner-insights-challenges-of-regulating-chemicals-of-emerging-concern
- Emerging Issues in Brownfields, “Emerging Contaminants Technical Update,” May 31, 2018, Caryn Barnes, Principal
- American Water Works Association (AWWA) Conference, “Addressing Emerging Contaminants Under Conflicting State and Federal Regulatory Programs: A Case Study,” March 2018, Presenter – Caryn Barnes, Principal
- Law For Attorneys and LSRPs, “Emerging Contaminants,” February 2018, Panelist – Caryn Barnes, Principal
- Emerging Contaminants Summit, March 6-7, 2018:
- “Drinking Water Combined Treatability Study for TCE, Dioxane and PFAS Compounds,” Presenter – Stew Abrams, Technical Director of Remediation Technology
- “Emerging Retail, Consumer, and Regulatory Drivers in Mitigating Industrial and Environmental Contaminants and Toxins,” Poster Presentation – Ryan Andersen, Senior Project Manager
- “Remedial Evaluations of 1,4-Dioxane Source Areas Using 1,1,1-TCA Degradation Rates,” Poster Presentation – Bob Bond, Associate/Senior Hydrogeologist
- “PFAS Considerations While Performing Environmental Due Diligence,“ Poster Presentation – Michael Burke, Principal
- Air and Waste Management Association (AWMA), “Addressing Emerging Contaminants Under Conflicting State and Federal Regulatory Programs: A Case Study,” June 2017, Presenter – Caryn Barnes, Principal
- NJBIZ Magazine, “Emerging Contaminants and Professional Judgment,” 2017, Author – Caryn Barnes, Principal
- Langan’s Remediation Summit, “Emerging Contaminants” September 28-30 2016, Nick DeRose, Senior Consultant, Caryn Barnes, Principal Adam Hackenberg, Senior Project Manager, (https://vimeo.com/188035222)
- AEG National Conference Emerging Contaminants Symposium – Presenters: Stew Abrams, Mike Burke, Ryan Andersen, September 14, 2017
Langan & ITRC
ITRC PFAS Team, Active participation and contribution toward technical guidance development, 2017 to present, Ryan Andersen, Senior Project Manager, Michael Solt, Staff Geologist, Stewart Abrams, Technical Director of Remediation Technology, Adam Hackenberg, Senior Project Manager
ITRC 1,4-Dioxane Team, Active participation and contribution toward technical guidance development, 2018 to present, Amita Oka, Ph.D., Senior Staff Engineer, Bob Bond, Associate Hydrogeologist, and Adam Goldberg Senior Staff Geologist