Administrative Assistant – 2+ Years Experience
|ID: 32249||Location: New Haven, CT|
|Discipline: Administration||Posted Date: 07/25/2019|
Work for an Industry Leader
Challenging Projects & Dynamic Work Environment
Extensive Training Program
Community Service Opportunities
Langan is an award-winning ENR Top 500 Design Firm that offers integrated engineering and environmental services for both public and private sector clients at sites located throughout the United States and abroad. Langan receives numerous recognitions for its technical expertise as well as its work environment, including “Best Places to Work” by NJBIZ, Zweig Group’s “Hot Firm” and ranked “Best Firm to Work For” in four categories, “Best Places to Work in Pennsylvania” by Best Companies Group and Pittsburgh Business Times “Best Places to Work in Western PA”, “Top Engineering Firm” by both San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal. Visit our website for more information about our awards and recognitions.
Langan offers its employees opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish! Join our team of industry leaders and make a difference on some of the most exciting and interesting projects in the field!
Langan has an opening for an Administrative Assistant in our New Haven, CT office. The successful candidate will be responsible for preparing proposals, reports, correspondence, bulk mailings, administrative assistance for the office, and creating and editing various documents of a technical and confidential nature. Candidates must also have extensive experience in Microsoft Office and possess exceptional organizational skills with the ability to prioritize, multi-task and be resourceful to get the job done. Primary job functions include report, proposal, and letter preparation; answering phones; calendar and email management; scheduling appointments and meetings, team coordination and collaboration; filing, copying, collating and binding reports; assisting with mail; and assisting technical staff reports.
- Provide administrative support for senior management, technical and non-technical staff. Ensure successful workflow regarding contacts, scanning, filing, photocopying; review mail and compose, prepare or ensure timely responses to a variety of written inquiries; distribute mailings;
- Maintain Shareholders’ and teams’ calendars; assist Shareholders in staying updated on daily priorities;
- Assist with the preparation of proposals, reports, memorandums, correspondence and various documents; copy, collate, bind and staple reports and other duplicated material. Schedule conference rooms and coordinate meetings, appointments and travel arrangements;
- Prepare and submit weekly timesheets, expense reports, requisitions, billing and project reports, and process invoices;
- Establish, update and maintain files, databases, contact information, records and other documents. Prepare documents and packages to be mailed; coordinate delivery and pick up with messenger services; prepare Federal Express labels and certified mail forms;
- Maintain records of professional licenses; coordinate renewals and related course logs; and
- Assist with new hires in submitting paperwork to Human Resources and setting up computers and phones.
- Minimum of three (3) years Administrative Assistant experience;
- High School Diploma or GED;
- Proficient in typing, formatting, and preparing proposals, reports, correspondence, bulk mailings, and various documents of a technical and confidential nature;
- Superior interpersonal skills;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to work independently;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Sound judgment capability and ability to maintain confidentiality;
- Ability to multi-task;
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, Adobe Acrobat, and learn other software as needed to assist in the execution of the work; and
- Ability to work overtime when required.
We offer competitive compensation packages; full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance; 401(k)/Roth with company match; extensive training; buddy and mentoring programs; employee referral and professional license bonuses; educational reimbursement; and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer