Administrative Assistant/Office Manager – 5+ Years Experience
|ID: 32119||Location: Houston, TX|
|Discipline: Administration||Posted Date: 06/06/2019|
Work for an Industry Leader
Dynamic Work Environment
Langan is an award-winning ENR Top 500 Design Firm that offers integrated engineering and environmental services for both public and private sector clients at sites located throughout the United States and abroad. Langan receives numerous recognitions for its technical expertise as well as its work environment, including “Best Places to Work” by NJBIZ, Zweig Group’s “Hot Firm” and ranked “Best Firm to Work For” in four categories, “Best Places to Work in Pennsylvania” by Best Companies Group and Pittsburgh Business Times “Best Places to Work in Western PA”, “Top Engineering Firm” by both San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal. Visit our website for more information about our awards and recognitions.
Langan offers its employees opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish! Join our team of industry leaders and make a difference on some of the most exciting and interesting projects in the field!
Langan has an opening for an Administrative Assistant/Office Manager in our Houston, TX office, supporting both our Houston, TX and Denver, CO locations. We are looking for a professional and articulate individual with initiative and flexibility that can provide support to our growing offices. As the successful candidate, you will have strong communication and organizational skills, possess the ability to work independently, and prioritize effectively. This position will be responsible administratively for all aspects of the offices including providing reception services and office management. Candidates must maintain confidentiality and professionalism. This position will report to senior management of the firm and will support a team of professionals.
- Provide administrative support for senior management and staff. Ensure successful workflow regarding contacts, scanning, filing, photocopying; review mail and compose, prepare or ensure timely responses to a variety of written inquiries; distribute mailings;
- Maintain Shareholder and team calendars;
- Assist with the preparation of proposals, reports, and correspondence; copy, collate and bind reports and other duplicated material;
- Schedule meetings and appointments; reserve and maintain conference rooms; coordinate special events; reserve and initiate video conferencing, and make travel arrangements;
- Prepare and submit weekly timesheets, expense reports, billing and project reports, and process invoices;
- Establish, update and maintain files, databases, contact information, records and other documents. Prepare documents and packages to be mailed; coordinate delivery and pick up with messenger services; prepare shipping labels and certified mail forms;
- Maintain records of professional licenses; coordinate renewals and related course logs;
- Greet and assist visitors, management and staff from other office locations;
- Assist with the new hire on-boarding process including: submitting paperwork to Human Resources, setting up computers and phones with the assistance of IT, and answering questions;
- Maintain professionalism and confidentiality at all times; and
- Perform other tasks and assignments as needed.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as an Administrative Assistant ideally in a professional services environment; experience within the real estate, architectural, engineering, or construction industry preferred;
- High School Diploma required, Bachelor’s degree preferred;
- Proficient in typing, formatting, and preparing documents of a technical and confidential nature;
- Superior interpersonal skills;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Sound judgment capability; ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism;
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task; and
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook; willingness to learn Adobe Acrobat and other software as needed to assist in the execution of the work.
We offer competitive compensation packages; full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance; 401(k)/Roth with company match; extensive training; buddy and mentoring programs; employee referral and professional license bonuses; educational reimbursement; and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer