Applications Developer – 4+ Years Experience
|ID: 32448||Location: Parsippany, NJ|
|Discipline: CAD||Posted Date: 06/08/2020|
Work for an Industry Leader
Dynamic Work Environment
Langan is an award-winning ENR Top 500 Design Firm that offers integrated engineering and environmental services for both public and private sector clients at sites located throughout the United States and abroad. Langan receives numerous recognitions for its technical expertise as well as its work environment, including “Best Places to Work” by NJBIZ, Zweig Group’s “Hot Firm” and ranked “Best Firm to Work For” in four categories, “Best Places to Work in Pennsylvania” by Best Companies Group and Pittsburgh Business Times “Best Places to Work in Western PA”, “Top Engineering Firm” by both San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal. Visit our website for more information about our awards and recognitions.
Langan offers its employees opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish! Join our team of industry leaders and make a difference on some of the most exciting and interesting projects in the field!
Langan has an opening for a full-stack Applications Developer – 4+ Years Experience in our Corporate Headquarters in Parsippany, NJ. The successful candidate will perform a variety of duties including requirements gathering, analysis and design, writing code, debugging, documentation, maintenance and support under the supervision of experienced developers.
- Design and implement programming solutions to solve complex problems and increase efficiency of business processes through automation;
- Analyze, design, implement and modify desktop software applications and web sites to support business requirements and code reuse;
- Build software components that interact with various engineering applications such as AutoCAD, Revit and ProjectWise;
- Collaborate with employees and management to identify application development solutions, new applications or modifications to existing programs, capability to reuse existing code or integration of purchased solutions;
- Define, design, build, support and test reusable components to create complex systems;
- Perform research to explore and learn new technologies as they apply to projects;
- Provide expertise to system users including troubleshooting issues, as well as identifying and correcting inefficiencies; and
- Clearly define systems work scope and recommend the most efficient and cost effective application programming solutions.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science;
- 4+ years of experience developing web and desktop application in VB.NET or C#;
- Experience working with SQL Server, Entity Framework, source control, SQL Server, HTML5, MVC, WPF, WebAPI, OAuth2 workflows, JQuery, and Xamarin;
- Object-oriented analysis and design;
- A solid understanding of common design patterns and algorithms, including asynchronous programming and multithreading;
- Familiarity with the principles and best practices of software development;
- Strong desire to learn new technologies and APIs;
- Experience working with AutoCAD, ProjectWise, and Revit is desired;
- Excellent problem solving and effective communication skills; and
- The ability to work independently or in a small development team.
We offer competitive compensation packages; full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance; 401(k)/Roth with company match; extensive training; buddy and mentoring programs; employee referral and professional license bonuses; educational reimbursement; and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer