Benefits Coordinator – 1+ Years Experience
|ID: 32118||Location: Parsippany, NJ|
|Discipline: Human Resources||Posted Date: 06/06/2019|
Work for an Industry Leader
Challenging Projects & Dynamic Work Environment
Extensive Training Program
Community Service Opportunities
Langan is an award-winning ENR Top 500 Design Firm that offers integrated engineering and environmental services for both public and private sector clients at sites located throughout the United States and abroad. Langan receives numerous recognitions for its technical expertise as well as its work environment, including “Best Places to Work” by NJBIZ, Zweig Group’s “Hot Firm” and ranked “Best Firm to Work For” in four categories, “Best Places to Work in Pennsylvania” by Best Companies Group and Pittsburgh Business Times “Best Places to Work in Western PA”, “Top Engineering Firm” by both San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal. Visit our website for more information about our awards and recognitions.
Langan offers its employees opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish! Join our team of industry leaders and make a difference on some of the most exciting and interesting projects in the field!
Langan is seeking a Benefits Coordinator for our Parsippany, NJ corporate headquarters. The successful candidate will assist the Benefits Manager with administering Langan’s benefits programs, including processing employee benefit enrollments and changes, updating data in the HRIS, assisting with employee leaves of absence, and other benefit related responsibilities.
- Process employee enrollments, changes and terminations for all benefits plans; notify carriers and follow up to ensure accurate processing;
- Assist employees with benefit inquiries, providing outstanding customer service; defer issues to Benefits Manager as needed;
- Provide administrative support for the benefit billing process (i.e. ensuring accuracy of enrollments and terminations, process check requests, etc.);
- Assist the Benefits Manager with the coordination of employee leaves of absences (LOA) for all locations (excluding CA offices), this includes STD, LTD, FMLA, NJ Family Leave Insurance, NJFLA, and Military leave, update the Leave of Absence spreadsheet, send leave paperwork to appropriate individuals, and create Employee Status Change Forms;
- Input and maintain benefit data and leaves of absence information in the HRIS, perform routine audits to ensure accuracy of data in all systems;
- Assist with processing claims for STD and LTD, provide employees with information and answer questions regarding policy guidelines;
- Initiate COBRA processing and billing by notifying third party administrator, ensure COBRA information is sent to employees in a timely manner;
- Provide administrative support for the corporate Wellness Program, develop and distribute monthly wellness newsletter;
- Assist the Benefits Manager with open enrollment, flu vaccine program, and flexible spending account enrollment;
- Maintain employee benefit files, ensuring accuracy and compliance with state and federal regulations;
- Review sick time overages on a quarterly basis and notify Benefits Manager regarding possible issues, as needed;
- Manage the Jury Duty and Military Leave programs;
- Maintain the HR Intranet benefits section, ensuring information is current;
- Assist the Benefits Manager with on-going programs and projects; and
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree; course of study in Human Resources preferred;
- Minimum 1 year HR experience, benefits experience a plus;
- Knowledge of Federal, State, and local benefit regulations;
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Sound judgment capability;
- Ability to work well independently and within groups;
- Strong attention to detail, work must be accurate and thorough;
- Ability to effectively manage competing priorities and multitask efficiently; and
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, SharePoint; HR database programs a plus.
We offer competitive compensation packages; full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance; 401(k)/Roth with company match; extensive training; buddy and mentoring programs; employee referral and professional license bonuses; educational reimbursement; and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer