Biologist – 1 to 5 Years Experience
|ID: 31883||Location: Los Angeles, CA|
|Discipline: Environmental||Posted Date: 01/21/2019|
Work for an Industry Leader
Dynamic Work Environment
Langan is an award-winning ENR Top 500 Design Firm that offers integrated engineering and environmental services for both public and private sector clients at sites located throughout the United States and abroad. Langan receives numerous recognitions for its technical expertise as well as its work environment, including Zweig Group’s Best Firms to Work For, Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Award – Best Places to Work, NJ Biz Best Places to Work and Business of the Year – 50 Fastest Growing Companies, Hartford Business Journal’s Best Places to Work in CT, and Pittsburgh Business Times – Best Places to Work in Western PA. Visit our website for more information about our awards and recognitions.
Langan offers its employees opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish! Join our team of industry leaders and make a difference on some of the most exciting and interesting projects in the field!
Langan is seeking a Biologist with 1 to 5 years of experience in our Santa Barbara, CA field office. The primary responsibility of this role will be to perform special status-species surveys, botanical surveys, nesting bird surveys, restoration monitoring, and biological construction monitoring throughout Santa Barbara, Ventura, and Los Angeles Counties. Ideal candidates should possess a diverse background and understanding of Southern California wildlife and plant communities. Candidates should also be familiar with environmental regulations including NEPA, CEQA, and ESA, have experience with federal and state protected species, and/or have experience with discretionary permitting through ACOE, CDFW, and USFWS.
- Bachelor of Science degree in biology, wildlife, botany, ecology, environmental science or a closely related field;
- 1 to 5 years of related biological experience working in Central or Southern California;
- Experience with one or more of the following sensitive species is highly desirable: California gnatcatcher, least Bell’s vireo, southwestern willow flycatcher, yellow-billed cuckoo, burrowing owl, California red-legged frog, California tiger salamander, blunt-nosed leopard lizard, small mammals and special status flora;
- Familiarity with environmental regulations including NEPA, CEQA, and ESA;
- Experience with federal and state protected species, and permitting through ACOE, CDFW, and USFWS;
- Experience using GPS units in the field with (use of ArcPad, Collector, Survey123), a plus;
- Working knowledge of computers (including Word, Excel, Powerpoint) required; ArcGIS and statistical software a plus;
- Willingness to travel and work extended hours to meet project timelines. Must be able to work outside for long periods of time;
- Field experience with ability to travel to job sites in remote locations;
- Must be willing to work in a construction environment where schedule, timeliness, and attention to detail are top priorities;
- Valid 40-hour HAZWOPER training certification is also desirable; and,
- Local candidates preferred.
We offer competitive compensation packages; full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance; 401(k)/Roth with company match; extensive training; buddy and mentoring programs; employee referral and professional license bonuses; educational reimbursement; and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer