CAMPUS: Cooperative Education & Internship Opportunity – Traffic – Spring 2020
|ID: 32259||Location: Pittsburgh, PA|
|Discipline: Traffic||Posted Date: 08/05/2019|
Work for an Industry Leader
Challenging Projects & Dynamic Work Environment
Extensive Training Program
Community Service Opportunities
Langan is an award-winning ENR Top 500 Design Firm that offers integrated engineering and environmental services for both public and private sector clients at sites located throughout the United States and abroad. Langan receives numerous recognitions for its technical expertise as well as its work environment, including “Best Places to Work” by NJBIZ, Zweig Group’s “Hot Firm” and ranked “Best Firm to Work For” in four categories, “Best Places to Work in Pennsylvania” by Best Companies Group and Pittsburgh Business Times “Best Places to Work in Western PA”, “Top Engineering Firm” by both San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal. Visit our website for more information about our awards and recognitions.
Langan has an outstanding spring (January – May) Cooperative Education & Internship opportunity available in our Traffic & Transportation discipline in Pittsburgh, PA. The successful candidate will have an enthusiastic, can-do attitude, will work on exciting projects and most importantly, work in a team environment while gaining practical experience!
This is a great opportunity to get exposure to: transportation impact studies, parking studies, traffic event management for large stadiums, transportation master planning, traffic signal design, and Highway Occupancy Permit (HOP) plans & designs. Assignments may involve field work, technical report preparation and calculations, preparation of figures & other graphics, data collection, and assistance to the Site/Civil group as needed. (Hours of operation: 8:30 am – 5:15 pm Monday through Friday)
- Student actively pursuing a four year or advanced degree in Civil or Traffic Engineering / Transportation Planning;
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or greater is preferred;
- Familiarity with HCS, SYNCHRO and the MUTCD is highly desirable;
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, MicroStation and/or SoftDesk civil software are a plus;
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical and judgment capabilities;
- Ability to effectively work independently and in a team environment; and
- Reliable transportation to access job sites and a valid driver’s license in good standing.
Please submit your resume, cover letter, and unofficial academic transcripts. Preference will be given to students who are currently in their Jr. or Sr. year or to students pursuing their MS degree.
Langan does not provide housing or relocation assistance for internship/co-op positions.
Langan offers its interns and co-ops opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish!
Equal Opportunity Employer