CAMPUS: Environmental Internship Opportunities – Summer 2020
|ID: 32509||Location: San Francisco, CA|
|Discipline: Environmental||Posted Date: 12/03/2019|
Work for an Industry Leader
Challenging Projects & Dynamic Work Environment
Extensive Training Program
Community Service Opportunities
Langan is an award-winning ENR Top 500 Design Firm that offers integrated engineering and environmental services for both public and private sector clients at sites located throughout the United States and abroad. Langan receives numerous recognitions for its technical expertise as well as its work environment, including “Best Places to Work” by NJBIZ, Zweig Group’s “Hot Firm” and ranked “Best Firm to Work For” in four categories, “Best Places to Work in Pennsylvania” by Best Companies Group and Pittsburgh Business Times “Best Places to Work in Western PA”, “Top Engineering Firm” by both San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal. Visit our website for more information about our awards and recognitions.
Langan offers its employees opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish! Join our team of industry leaders and make a difference on some of the most exciting and interesting projects in the field!
Langan has outstanding Summer (June – August) Internship opportunities in our Environmental Discipline in our Bay Area offices – Oakland, San Jose, or San Francisco, CA. The successful candidates will have an enthusiastic, can-do attitude, will work on exciting projects, and most importantly, work in a team environment while gaining practical experience!
The successful candidates will assist with discipline related office work and technical aspects of projects. This is a great opportunity to get exposure to site feasibility studies which may involve field work, technical report preparation and calculations, pre-construction conditions documentation, design plans and specifications. (Hours of operation: 8:30 am – 5:15 pm, Monday through Friday.)
- Student actively pursuing a four year or advanced degree in Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science, or Geology;
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or greater;
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical and judgment capabilities;
- Ability to effectively work independently and in a team environment;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software;
- Working knowledge of GIS or environmentally related software, and Microsoft Office Suite applications;
- Reliable transportation to access job sites and possession of a valid driver’s license in good standing; and
- Preference will be given to local candidates in the California Bay Area.
Please submit resume, cover letter with location preference, and unofficial academic transcripts. Preference will be given to students who are currently in their Junior or Senior year or to students pursuing their MS degree.
Langan does not provide housing or relocation assistance for internship positions.
We offer competitive compensation packages; full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance; 401(k)/Roth with company match; extensive training; buddy and mentoring programs; employee referral and professional license bonuses; educational reimbursement; and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer