CAMPUS: Environmental Planning Cooperative Education & Internship Opportunity – Summer 2019
|ID: 31828||Location: New York, NY|
|Discipline: Environmental||Posted Date: 01/09/2019|
Work for an Industry Leader
Challenging Projects & Dynamic Work Environment
Extensive Training Program
Community Service Opportunities
Langan is an award-winning ENR Top 500 Design Firm that offers integrated engineering and environmental services for both public and private sector clients at sites located throughout the United States and abroad. Langan receives numerous recognitions for its technical expertise as well as its work environment, including Zweig Group’s Best Firms to Work For, Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Award – Best Places to Work, NJ Biz Best Places to Work and Business of the Year – 50 Fastest Growing Companies, Hartford Business Journal’s Best Places to Work in CT, and Pittsburgh Business Times – Best Places to Work in Western PA. Visit our website for more information about our awards and recognitions.
Langan has an outstanding Summer Cooperative Education & Internship opportunity available in our environmental planning discipline in New York City. We are seeking an enthusiastic, eager, “can-do” student looking to gain practical experience working on exciting projects in a dynamic team environment! Interns and Co-ops are integrated into our environmental planning/land use development team to cover all technical aspects of projects.
This is a great opportunity to get exposure to environmental/urban planning and may involve:
- Review of New York City Environmental Quality Review (CEQR) process and regulations, the City’s land use review procedures, and the State Environmental Quality Review Act (SEQRA);
- Preparing reports, Environmental Assessment Statements and Environmental Impact Statements; and,
- Design work in GIS.
Langan co-ops will have the opportunity to train in other Langan disciplines, including Geotechnical, Civil, and Traffic Engineering. General requirements are listed below.
- Student actively pursuing a four year or advanced degree in Environmental/Urban Planning;
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or greater preferred;
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical and judgment capabilities;
- Ability to effectively work independently and in a team environment;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software;
- Working knowledge of GIS, database or other environmentally related software is a plus; and,
- Possession of a valid driver’s license in good standing.
Please submit resume, cover letter and include academic transcripts. Preference will be given to students who are currently in their Junior or Senior year or to students pursuing their MS degree. Langan does not provide housing or relocation assistance for internship positions.
Langan offers its interns and co-ops opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish!
Equal Opportunity Employer