CAMPUS: Internship Opportunity – Geotechnical Engineering – Summer 2019
|ID: 31896||Location: Irvine, CA|
|Discipline: Geotechnical||Posted Date: 01/29/2019|
Work for an Industry Leader
Challenging Projects & Dynamic Work Environment
Extensive Training Program
Community Service Opportunities
Langan is an award-winning ENR Top 500 Design Firm that offers integrated engineering and environmental services for both public and private sector clients at sites located throughout the United States and abroad. Langan receives numerous recognitions for its technical expertise as well as its work environment, including Zweig Group’s Best Firms to Work For, Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Award – Best Places to Work, NJ Biz Best Places to Work and Business of the Year – 50 Fastest Growing Companies, Hartford Business Journal’s Best Places to Work in CT, and Pittsburgh Business Times – Best Places to Work in Western PA. Visit our website for more information about our awards and recognitions.
Join our team of industry leaders and make a difference on some of the most exciting and interesting projects in the field!
Langan has summer (June-August) internship opportunities in our Irvine, CA office. The successful students will work with the Geotechnical discipline and will assist with discipline related office work and technical aspects of projects. This is a great opportunity to get exposure to site feasibility studies which may involve field work, technical report preparation and calculations, pre-construction conditions documentation, design plans and specifications. (Hours of operation: 8:30 am – 5:15 pm Monday through Friday.)
- Student actively pursuing a four year or advanced degree in Civil and Environmental Engineering or Geotechnical Engineering;
- Minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0;
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical and judgment capabilities;
- Ability to effectively work independently and in a team environment;
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and Microsoft Office Suite applications;
- Reliable transportation to access job sites and a valid driver’s license in good standing; and
- Preference will be given to local candidates in the Southern California area.
Please submit resume, cover letter, and unofficial academic transcripts. Preference will be given to students who are currently in their Jr. or Sr. year or to students pursuing their MS degrees.
Langan does not provide housing or relocation assistance for internship/co-op positions.
Langan offers its employees opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish!
Equal Opportunity Employer