CAMPUS: Survey Internship Opportunities – Summer 2020
|ID: 32570||Location: New York, NY|
|Discipline: Survey/Laser Scanning||Posted Date: 12/02/2019|
Work for an Industry Leader
Challenging Projects & Dynamic Work Environment
Extensive Training Program
Community Service Opportunities
Langan is an award-winning ENR Top 500 Design Firm that offers integrated engineering and environmental services for both public and private sector clients at sites located throughout the United States and abroad. Langan receives numerous recognitions for its technical expertise as well as its work environment, including Zweig Group’s Best Firms to Work For, Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Award – Best Places to Work, NJ Biz Best Places to Work and Business of the Year – 50 Fastest Growing Companies, Hartford Business Journal’s Best Places to Work in CT, and Pittsburgh Business Times – Best Places to Work in Western PA. Visit our website for more information about our awards and recognitions.
Langan has outstanding Summer Cooperative Education & Internship opportunities available in our Survey group in New York City. We seek enthusiastic, eager, “can-do” students looking to gain practical experience working on exciting projects in a dynamic team environment! Interns and Co-ops are integrated into our survey team to assist with both office and field work covering all technical aspects of projects.
This is a great opportunity to get exposure to survey, design and construction and may involve:
- Collecting site information;
- Collecting utility information;
- Preparing technical reports, survey plans and layout plans for projects such as utility construction, road and parking layout, and site improvements; and,
- Construction layout.
Langan co-ops will have the opportunity to train in other Langan disciplines, including Environmental, Civil, and Geotechnical Engineering. General requirements are listed below.
- Student actively pursuing a four year degree in Engineering Technology, Survey or Civil Engineering;
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or greater is preferred;
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical and judgment capabilities;
- Ability to effectively work independently and in a team environment;
- Field work will require conducting boundary, topographic, utility, and architectural surveys;
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD; knowledge of Terramodel, Trimble, Leica and Topcon Total Stations, Trimble GPS and TDS is desired; and,
- Reliable transportation to access job sites and a valid driver’s license in good standing.
Please submit resume, cover letter and include unofficial academic transcripts. Preference will be given to students who are currently in their Jr. or Sr. year or to students pursuing their MS degree.
Langan does not provide housing nor relocation assistance for internship/co-op positions.
Langan offers its interns opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish!
Equal Opportunity Employer