CAMPUS: Traffic Cooperative Education & Internship Opportunity – Summer 2019
|ID: 31824||Location: New York, NY|
|Discipline: Traffic||Posted Date: 01/11/2019|
Work for an Industry Leader
Challenging Projects & Dynamic Work Environment
Extensive Training Program
Community Service Opportunities
Langan is an award-winning ENR Top 500 Design Firm that offers integrated engineering and environmental services for both public and private sector clients at sites located throughout the United States and abroad. Langan receives numerous recognitions for its technical expertise as well as its work environment, including Zweig Group’s Best Firms to Work For, Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Award – Best Places to Work, NJ Biz Best Places to Work and Business of the Year – 50 Fastest Growing Companies, Hartford Business Journal’s Best Places to Work in CT, and Pittsburgh Business Times – Best Places to Work in Western PA. Visit our website for more information about our awards and recognitions.
Langan has an outstanding Summer Cooperative Education & Internship opportunity available in our Traffic & Transportation group in New York City. We are seeking an enthusiastic, eager, “can-do” student looking to gain practical experience working on exciting projects in a dynamic team environment! Interns and Co-ops are integrated into our traffic and transportation team to assist with both office and field work covering all technical aspects of projects.
This is a great opportunity to get exposure to traffic engineering, design and construction and may involve:
- Performing traffic observation;
- Preparing technical reports, calculations, design plans and specifications for traffic/transportation projects such as transportation impact studies, highway occupancy permits, traffic signals, traffic and pedestrian circulation, and transportation master plans; and,
- Observing construction.
Langan co-ops will have the opportunity to train in other Langan disciplines, including Environmental, Civil, and Geotechnical Engineering. General requirements are listed below.
- Student actively pursuing a four year or advanced degree in Civil or Traffic Engineering/Transportation Planning;
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or greater is preferred;
- Familiarity with HCS, SYNCHRO and the MUTCD is highly desirable;
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, MicroStation and/or SoftDesk civil software are a plus;
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical and judgment capabilities;
- Ability to effectively work independently and in a team environment; and,
- A valid driver’s license in good standing.
Please submit your resume, cover letter and academic transcripts. Preference will be given to students who are currently in their Jr. or Sr. year or to students pursuing their MS degree.
Langan does not provide housing or relocation assistance for internship/co-op positions.
Langan offers its interns and co-ops opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish!
Equal Opportunity Employer