CAMPUS: Transportation and Environmental Planning Internship Opportunity – Fall 2019 – Spring 2020
|ID: 32215||Location: Philadelphia, PA|
|Discipline: Traffic||Posted Date: 07/01/2019|
Work for an Industry Leader
Challenging Projects & Dynamic Work Environment
Extensive Training Program
Community Service Opportunities
Langan is an award-winning ENR Top 500 Design Firm that offers integrated engineering and environmental services for both public and private sector clients at sites located throughout the United States and abroad. Langan receives numerous recognitions for its technical expertise as well as its work environment, including “Best Places to Work” by NJBIZ, Zweig Group’s “Hot Firm” and ranked “Best Firm to Work For” in four categories, “Best Places to Work in Pennsylvania” by Best Companies Group and Pittsburgh Business Times “Best Places to Work in Western PA”, “Top Engineering Firm” by both San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal. Visit our website for more information about our awards and recognitions.
Langan has an outstanding part-time (20 hours/week) Fall 2019 – Spring 2020 (September-May) internship opportunity available in the Traffic/Transportation and Environmental disciplines in our Philadelphia, PA office. The successful candidate will have an enthusiastic, can-do attitude, will work on exciting projects, and most importantly work in a team environment while gaining practical experience.
The candidate should have a broad focus and interest in both transportation and environmental planning and permitting and will work with a broad cross-section of Langan disciplines including Transportation Planning and Engineering, Environmental Engineering and Permitting, Natural Resources, GIS, Site/Civil Engineering, and Landscape Architecture and Planning.
The successful candidate will assist with discipline related field and office work for technical aspects of projects. This is a great opportunity to get exposure to: developing public streetscape and complete streets designs; preparing transportation master plans, parking plans, and pedestrian and bicycle infrastructure plans; developing site plans and renderings; using GIS for analysis and illustrative purposes; performing field work; and gathering data for regulatory agency submissions (in transportation, environmental, and natural resource areas of practice). (Hours of operation: 8:30 am – 5:15 pm Monday through Friday.)
- Student actively pursuing a Master’s degree in City Planning or related;
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or greater is preferred;
- Experience in both Transportation and Environmental Planning;
- Experience with conducting Phase I and Phase II Environmental Site Assessments and brownfield redevelopment;
- Knowledge of Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and Delaware Department of Transportation submissions and permits;
- Knowledge of the federal National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) process and New York City Environmental Quality Review (CEQR) process and regulations as well as land use procedures;
- Experience in graphic design (for reports and outreach materials) preferred; Adobe Creative Suite preferred;
- Experience in creation of illustrative site plans, cross-sections, and before/after renderings based on engineering plans or sketches preferred;
- Experience in report writing preferred;
- Experience in GIS modeling and analysis preferred;
- Excellent analytical and judgment capabilities;
- Ability to manage the schedule for timely completion of deliverables on multiple client projects;
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills;
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, Civil 3D, ESRI suite of products, enterprise databases (such as SQL Server), and Microsoft Office preferred; and
- Ability and willingness to do some limited travel, including to Langan’s New York City, Doylestown, PA, and Parsippany, NJ offices; and to field site locations.
Please submit resume, cover letter, and unofficial academic transcripts.
Langan does not provide housing or relocation assistance for internship/co-op positions.
Langan offers its employees opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish!
Equal Opportunity Employer