Civil Engineer – 10+ Years Experience
|ID: 32173||Location: New Haven, CT|
|Discipline: Site/Civil||Posted Date: 06/06/2019|
Work for an Industry Leader
Dynamic Work Environment
Langan is an award-winning ENR Top 500 Design Firm that offers integrated engineering and environmental services for both public and private sector clients at sites located throughout the United States and abroad. Langan receives numerous recognitions for its technical expertise as well as its work environment, including “Best Places to Work” by NJBIZ, Zweig Group’s “Hot Firm” and ranked “Best Firm to Work For” in four categories, “Best Places to Work in Pennsylvania” by Best Companies Group and Pittsburgh Business Times “Best Places to Work in Western PA”, “Top Engineering Firm” by both San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal. Visit our website for more information about our awards and recognitions.
Langan offers its employees opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish! Join our team of industry leaders and make a difference on some of the most exciting and interesting projects in the field!
We have an opening for a Site/Civil Engineer with local land development engineering experience in our New Haven, CT office. As the successful candidate, you will be developing new clients for the firm as well as designing land development engineering projects for a wide variety of exciting projects in the area. You must possess an energetic, entrepreneurial and professional demeanor as well as strong technical and communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Master’s degree a plus;
- Possess valid Connecticut Professional Engineer licensure;
- 10+ years experience in related site/civil land development engineering;
- Proven leadership and ability to function as a seller/doer;
- Knowledge of local City, County and State land use entitlement processes and regulations;
- Demonstrated expertise in all aspects of land development engineering including the integration of geotechnical and environmental engineering;
- Ability to design and oversee design including layout, grading, drainage, infrastructure, erosion and sediment control, etc. from concept through completion;
- Expertise in stormwater management design, LID, hydrologic/hydraulic analysis and design and SWPPP preparation;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical and judgment capabilities; and
- Ability to work independently as well as mentor staff engineers.
We offer competitive compensation packages; full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance; 401(k)/Roth with company match; extensive training; buddy and mentoring programs; employee referral and professional license bonuses; educational reimbursement; and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer