Civil Engineer – 6 to 10 Years Experience
|ID: 32020||Location: Parsippany, NJ|
|Discipline: Site/Civil||Posted Date: 12/04/2019|
Work for an Industry Leader
Dynamic Work Environment
Langan is an award-winning ENR Top 500 Design Firm that offers integrated engineering and environmental services for both public and private sector clients at sites located throughout the United States and abroad. Langan receives numerous recognitions for its technical expertise as well as its work environment, including Zweig Group’s Best Firms to Work For, Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Award – Best Places to Work, NJ Biz Best Places to Work and Business of the Year – 50 Fastest Growing Companies, Hartford Business Journal’s Best Places to Work in CT, and Pittsburgh Business Times – Best Places to Work in Western PA. Visit our website for more information about our awards and recognitions.
Langan offers its employees opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish! Join our team of industry leaders and make a difference on some of the most exciting and interesting projects in the field!
Langan has an opening for a Civil Engineer with land development focus in our Parsippany, NJ office. The successful candidate will have 6 to 10 years of local and related site/civil land development engineering design experience on both small and large projects. The new hire will assist with designing and permitting a variety of land development projects including commercial centers, residential developments, warehouse distribution centers, and mixed-use projects across the tri-state area and in New York City. Individuals must possess a professional demeanor, as well as strong technical and communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering required, Master’s degree a plus;
- Possess valid Professional Engineer licensure (can be NJ or other if reciprocity pursued);
- Possess 6 to 10 years of related site/civil land development experience; senior level hires will possess an entrepreneurial demeanor and will participate in Business Development activities by developing new clients for the firm and maintaining relationships with existing clients;
- Knowledge of local city, county and NJ state land use processes and regulations strongly preferred; familiarity with NY state and NYC land use processes a plus;
- Site/civil experience on project sites from 2 acres to 30 acres+ including ability to design and oversee site layout, grading, drainage, infrastructure, erosion and sediment control, etc. from concept through completion;
- Expertise in hydrologic/hydraulic analysis and design including SWPPP preparation and water quality compliance;
- Planning board and public testimony experience strongly preferred;
- Demonstrated experience in all aspects of land development engineering including the integration of geotechnical and environmental engineering;
- Ability to interact well with coworkers, clients, and regulatory agencies;
- Knowledge of AutoCAD or Civil 3D (preferred) with the ability to design site layouts from concept through completion;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Experience in report and proposal writing;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical and judgment capabilities;
- Participation in professional organizations;
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment; and
- Position requires work Monday through Friday with occasional evenings and weekends.
We offer competitive compensation packages; full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance; 401(k)/Roth with company match; extensive training; buddy and mentoring programs; employee referral and professional license bonuses; educational reimbursement; and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer