Civil Engineer – Entry to 3 Years Experience
|ID: 33545||Location: Houston, TX|
|Discipline: Site/Civil||Posted Date: 06/08/2020|
Work for an Industry Leader
Challenging Projects & Dynamic Work Environment
Extensive Training Program
Community Service Opportunities
Langan is an award-winning ENR Top 500 Design Firm that offers integrated engineering and environmental services for both public and private sector clients at sites located throughout the United States and abroad. Langan receives numerous recognitions for its technical expertise as well as its work environment, including “Best Places to Work” by NJBIZ, Zweig Group’s “Hot Firm” and ranked “Best Firm to Work For” in four categories, “Best Places to Work in Pennsylvania” by Best Companies Group and Pittsburgh Business Times “Best Places to Work in Western PA”, “Top Engineering Firm” by both San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal. Visit our website for more information about our awards and recognitions.
Langan offers its employees opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish! Join our team of industry leaders and make a difference on some of the most exciting and interesting projects in the field!
Langan has openings for Civil Engineers with entry level to 3 years of experience at our Houston, TX office. The ideal candidates will have strong interest in site development engineering. You will gain experience designing commercial, mixed-use, and industrial properties; as well as residential and natural gas / energy related projects. Individuals must possess a strong technical education, a professional demeanor, and a desire to learn. Candidates should have interest in working in a dynamic environment on both public and private development projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering;
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0;
- FE/EIT certification preferred;
- Entry level to 3 years of related experience working on site development engineering projects. Entry level candidates should have related internship or cooperative education experience in site/civil design including site planning, layout, grading, drainage, utilities and/or roadway design;
- Knowledge of local, county and state land use regulations;
- Willingness to cross train in other disciplines including: Geotechnical, Survey, Environmental and Natural Resources permitting;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical and judgment capabilities;
- Demonstrated ability to follow direction and work in a team environment;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Working knowledge of computers, Civil 3D strongly preferred;
- Possess reliable transportation to access job sites and a valid driver’s license in good standing; and
- Position requires work Monday through Friday with occasional evenings.
Please provide cover letter, resume, and transcripts with your application. Relocation assistance is not provided.
We offer competitive compensation packages; full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance; 401(k)/Roth with company match; extensive training; buddy and mentoring programs; employee referral and professional license bonuses; educational reimbursement; and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer