Civil Engineer (Geotechnical Interest) – Entry to 3 Years Experience
|ID: 33922||Location: Seattle, WA|
|Discipline: Geotechnical||Posted Date: 06/08/2020|
Work for an Industry Leader
Challenging Projects & Dynamic Work Environment
Extensive Training Program
Community Service Opportunities
Langan is an award-winning ENR Top 500 Design Firm that offers integrated engineering and environmental services for both public and private sector clients at sites located throughout the United States and abroad. Langan receives numerous recognitions for its technical expertise as well as its work environment, including “Best Places to Work” by NJBIZ, Zweig Group’s “Hot Firm” and ranked “Best Firm to Work For” in four categories, “Best Places to Work in Pennsylvania” by Best Companies Group and Pittsburgh Business Times “Best Places to Work in Western PA”, “Top Engineering Firm” by both San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal. Visit our website for more information about our awards and recognitions.
Langan offers its employees opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish! Join our team of industry leaders and make a difference on some of the most exciting and interesting projects in the field!
Langan has an opening for a Civil Engineer (Geotechnical Interest) – Entry to 3 Years Experience in our Seattle, WA office. The successful candidate will have an interest in geotechnical engineering and will perform duties as a field representative during subsurface exploration and construction including performing calculations, preparing technical documents, providing recommendations for foundations, retaining walls, and other geotechnical-related aspects of a project in a dynamic environment. Some of your responsibilities will include working on projects with other Langan offices and may include travel to other Langan regions. Possession of a strong technical education, professional demeanor, and desire to learn is essential.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering required; Master’s degree in Geotechnical Engineering strongly preferred;
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 required;
- FE/EIT certification preferred;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical and judgment capabilities;
- Demonstrated ability to follow direction and work in a team environment;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Field experience with construction monitoring is desired;
- Candidates must be able to spend at least 90% of working hours in the field to perform required field duties;
- Valid driver’s license in good standing;
- Position requires work Monday through Friday with occasional evenings and weekends;
- Ability to commence employment by July 2020; and
- Local candidates preferred.
Please submit resume, cover letter and academic transcripts.
We offer competitive compensation packages; full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance; 401(k)/Roth with company match; extensive training; buddy and mentoring programs; employee referral and professional license bonuses; educational reimbursement; and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer