Civil Engineer/Land Development – 2 to 5 Years Experience
|ID: 32069||Location: Tampa, FL|
|Discipline: Site/Civil||Posted Date: 06/06/2019|
Work for an Industry Leader
Challenging Projects & Dynamic Work Environment
Extensive Training Program
Community Service Opportunities
Langan is an award-winning ENR Top 500 Design Firm that offers integrated engineering and environmental services for both public and private sector clients at sites located throughout the United States and abroad. Langan receives numerous recognitions for its technical expertise as well as its work environment, including Zweig Group’s Best Firms to Work For, Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Award – Best Places to Work, NJ Biz Best Places to Work and Business of the Year – 50 Fastest Growing Companies, Hartford Business Journal’s Best Places to Work in CT, and Pittsburgh Business Times – Best Places to Work in Western PA. Visit our website for more information about our awards and recognitions.
Langan offers its employees opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish! Join our team of industry leaders and make a difference on some of the most exciting and interesting projects in the field!
Langan has an opening for a Civil Engineer with 2 to 5 years of experience in site/civil land development engineering at our Tampa, FL office. As the successful candidate, you will work directly with Project Managers and land development teams in designing multi-family residential, commercial, mixed-use, and industrial properties in Florida. An entrepreneurial and professional demeanor is essential to this position. Strong technical, communication, and follow up skills are also a must. This is an amazing opportunity for the right person to learn and be involved with all aspects of land development.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Master’s degree a plus;
- Engineer-In-Training (EIT) Certification;
- 2 to 5 years of experience in related site/civil land development engineering;
- Knowledge of local, county, and Florida state land use processes and regulations; water management district regulations is a plus;
- Proficient in site, stormwater management, storm conveyance, grading, calculations, utility design and erosion and sediment control design;
- Demonstrated AutoCAD and Civil 3D skills with the ability to design land development plans from concept through completion;
- Active participation in local professional organizations a plus;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical and judgment capabilities;
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment;
- Possess reliable transportation to access job sites and a valid driver’s license in good standing; and
- Position requires work Monday through Friday with occasional evenings and weekends.
We offer competitive compensation packages; full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance; 401(k)/Roth with company match; extensive training; buddy and mentoring programs; employee referral and professional license bonuses; educational reimbursement; and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer