Civil Engineer Manager – 10+ Years Experience
|ID: 32065||Location: Orlando, FL|
|Discipline: Site/Civil||Posted Date: 06/06/2019|
Work for an Industry Leader
Dynamic Work Environment
Langan is an award-winning ENR Top 500 Design Firm that offers integrated engineering and environmental services for both public and private sector clients at sites located throughout the United States and abroad. Langan receives numerous recognitions for its technical expertise as well as its work environment, including Zweig Group’s Best Firms to Work For, Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Award – Best Places to Work, NJ Biz Best Places to Work and Business of the Year – 50 Fastest Growing Companies, Hartford Business Journal’s Best Places to Work in CT, and Pittsburgh Business Times – Best Places to Work in Western PA. Visit our website for more information about our awards and recognitions.
Langan offers its employees opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish! Join our team of industry leaders and make a difference on some of the most exciting and interesting projects in the field!
New Orlando office location! This is an incredible opportunity for the right individual! We are seeking an experienced Site/Civil Engineer Manager to work on projects including retail, warehouse, residential, mixed-use, educational, and institutional. As the successful candidate, you possess land development engineering and permitting experience. You will be responsible for: developing new clients, maintaining relationships of existing clients, and designing land development projects for a wide variety of projects in the Orlando and Tampa region.
- Proven track record of successful land development experience. Experience in the Orlando or Tampa markets strongly preferred;
- Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering, Master degree a plus;
- Possess a valid Professional Engineer license in Florida;
- 10+ years of experience in related site/civil land development engineering projects in Florida;
- Knowledge of Orlando or Tampa, County and State land use entitlement processes and regulations a plus;
- Possess experience with private developments performing site due diligence, preparing land use permits, understanding of zoning laws and presenting to municipal agencies;
- County and City presentation/testimony experience;
- Strong client development and client management abilities with ability to function as a seller/doer;
- Respected, well-known and well-connected in the local marketplace preferred;
- Effectively manage projects from concept through construction documents;
- Self-starter with the ability to manage, motivate, mentor, and lead others;
- Demonstrated expertise in all aspects of land development engineering including the integration of geotechnical and environmental engineering;
- Knowledge of AutoCAD or Civil 3D (preferred) skills with an ability to design and oversee design including layout, grading, drainage, infrastructure, erosion and sediment control, etc. from concept through construction documents;
- Expertise in hydrologic/hydraulic analysis and design including SWPPP preparation and water quality compliance;
- Experienced in report and proposal writing including sub-contractor cost estimation;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical and judgment capabilities; and
- Position requires work Monday through Friday with occasional evenings and weekends.
We offer competitive compensation packages; full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance; 401(k)/Roth with company match; extensive training; buddy and mentoring programs; employee referral and professional license bonuses; educational reimbursement; and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer