Civil Engineer/Project Manager – 6 to 12+ Years Experience
|ID: 36282||Location: Cleveland, OH|
|Discipline: Site/Civil||Posted Date: 02/16/2021|
Langan provides expert land development engineering and environmental consulting services for major developers, corporations, energy companies, healthcare systems, colleges/universities, and large infrastructure programs throughout the U.S. and around the world. Our employees collaborate seamlessly among 30+ offices and gain valuable hands-on experience that fosters career growth. Langan culture is entrepreneurial from advancing innovative technical solutions, to participating in robust training and knowledge sharing, to making progressive change within the communities we live and work.
Langan is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where employees are empowered to contribute their skills and knowledge to make impactful contributions. In 2020, Langan ranked as one of the top 5 Best Firms to Work For and top 100 Hot Firms.
Langan has an opening for a Civil Engineer/Project Manager – 6 to 12+ Years Experience in our Cleveland, OH office location. The successful candidate will share our passion for technical excellence, and will have 6 to 12+ years of local and related site/civil land development engineering design experience on both small and large projects. This role will assist with designing and permitting a variety of land development projects, with a focus on higher education experience with colleges and universities, as well as healthcare. Experience with commercial centers, residential developments, warehouse distribution centers, and mixed-use projects is a plus. Individuals must possess an energetic and professional demeanor, as well as strong technical and communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering required, Master’s degree a plus;
- Must possess a valid Professional Engineer license;
- 6 to 12+ years of successful site/civil engineering experience with a concentration in the higher education and/or healthcare market;
- Strong client development, client communication, client management abilities, and ability to develop new work is a plus;
- Site/civil experience on a variety of project sites including the ability to design site layout, grading, drainage, infrastructure, erosion and sediment control, etc. from concept through completion;
- Demonstrated ability effectively managing projects from concept through construction documents;
- Self-starter with the ability to manage, motivate, mentor and lead others;
- Demonstrated expertise in all aspects of land development engineering;
- Ability to work well on multi-disciplinary projects;
- Expertise in stormwater management design, hydrologic/hydraulic analysis and design, and SWPPP preparation;
- Experienced in technical and proposal writing;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Proficiency of AutoCAD or Civil 3D (preferred);
- Possess a valid driver’s license in good standing and reliable transportation to job site or client locations;
- Participation in professional organizations;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical and judgment capabilities; and
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team, and to mentor staff engineers.
Langan is committed to employee wellbeing and providing a healthy and safe work environment. Langan provides a rich array of programs and benefits to help its employees advance their careers and enhance the quality of their lives. Our comprehensive compensation package includes: full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, and paid pregnancy disability leave; 401(k)/Roth with company match; paid time off including parental and military leave; employee referral and professional license bonuses; and educational reimbursement.
Langan offers flexible work schedules; extensive training; wellness programs; buddy and mentoring programs; employee resource groups; and much more!
Langan is an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer committed to building a team that represents and values diverse backgrounds. Langan promotes a positive work environment of inclusion, where we respect each other’s differences and recognize that a diverse and inclusive environment is a key to our success.