|ID: 30241||Location: London, UK|
|Discipline: Site/Civil||Posted Date: 12/12/2018|
Work for an Industry Leader
Dynamic Work Environment
Langan is an award-winning design firm that offers integrated engineering and environmental services for both public and private sector clients at sites located throughout the United States, United Kingdom, EMEA and the world. Langan receives numerous recognitions for its technical expertise as well as its work environment, including Zweig Group’s Best Firms to Work For and Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Award – Best Places to Work. Visit our website for more information about our firm, projects and people.
Langan offers its employees opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish! Join our team of industry leaders and make a difference on some of the most exciting and interesting projects in the field!
If you’re a highly motivated self-starter who wants to be an integral part of the growing UK-based Drainage / Infrastructure team, then Langan is the place for you! Our 1000+ person, multi-disciplinary firm can offer you the challenge, responsibility, and growth potential you deserve. We are seeking a Civil Engineer to join us in our Drainage / Infrastructure practice based out of the London, UK office. Successful candidates will have some exposure to civil infrastructure design, including site planning, grading, storm water management, surface water drainage, foul drainage, and will be responsible for assisting with European projects in the planning, designing and permitting phases of civil engineering, land development and infrastructure projects.
- Prepares the planning, design and permitting documents of civil engineering, land development and infrastructure projects in close collaboration with Langan Project Personnel using engineering and design software (AutoCAD, Civil 3D, etc.) and equipment.
- Effectively uses reports, maps, drawings, engineering plans, tests, topographical survey, site investigation data and aerial photographs to assess ground conditions, terrain and hydrological characteristics to plan and design projects.
- Leads tasks associated with the preparation and modification of various engineering documents including reports, specifications, plans, cost estimates and designs for projects.
- Performs cost calculations and determines feasibility of projects based on the analysis of collected data.
- Performs master planning/due diligence and other feasibility assessments for development projects.
- Coordinates and performs field inspection services, as needed.
- Writes and/or reviews draft reports, including feasibility studies, drainage strategies, flood risk assessments, storm water management reports, earthworks/drainage technical specifications, and utility reports.
- Assists in the production of documentation to support the discharge of planning conditions as well as secure Technical Approval from relevant authorities, e.g. Section 38, Section 104 Agreements.
- Runs modeling and drainage design software such as Micro Drainage, including experience in the design of SUDS.
- Prepares draft proposals in collaboration with Project Managers.
- Applies knowledge and techniques of engineering and advanced mathematics.
- Participates in cross-discipline training and assists with projects outside one’s own discipline and location (data collection or reduction, design assistance, field assistance).
Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering required; Post graduate qualification or pursuing an advanced degree is strongly desired
- 2-5 years of experience in civil infrastructure design, including site planning, grading, storm water management, surface water drainage and foul drainage
- Familiarity with UK planning/land use permitting process/requirements
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task effectively
- Excellent analytical and judgment capabilities
- Ability to work well individually and within groups
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong AutoCAD and Civil 3D design skills
- Knowledge/familiarity with BIM protocols
- Experienced in the use of proprietary drainage software
*** Relocation assistance is available
Langan offers its employees opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish!
We offer competitive compensation packages; contributory pension plan; extensive training; buddy and mentoring programs; employee referral and professional license bonuses; educational reimbursement; and much more!