Civil Engineers (Geotechnical Interest) – Entry to 3 Years Experience
|ID: 32003||Location: Los Angeles, CA|
|Discipline: Geotechnical||Posted Date: 03/06/2019|
Work for an Industry Leader
Challenging Projects & Dynamic Work Environment
Extensive Training Program
Community Service Opportunities
Langan is an award-winning ENR Top 500 Design Firm that offers integrated engineering and environmental services for both public and private sector clients at sites located throughout the United States and abroad. Langan receives numerous recognitions for its technical expertise as well as its work environment, including Zweig Group’s Best Firms to Work For, Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Award – Best Places to Work, NJ Biz Best Places to Work and Business of the Year – 50 Fastest Growing Companies, Hartford Business Journal’s Best Places to Work in CT, and Pittsburgh Business Times – Best Places to Work in Western PA. Visit our website for more information about our awards and recognitions.
Langan offers its employees opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish! Join our team of industry leaders and make a difference on some of the most exciting and interesting projects in the field!
Langan is seeking a Staff Engineer with an interest in the geotechnical engineering consulting field in our Los Angeles, CA office. The primary responsibility of this role is to provide support to project managers and perform duties as a field representative during subsurface exploration and construction. As the successful candidate, you will have interest in performing calculations, preparing technical documents, providing recommendations for foundations, retaining walls, and other geotechnical-related aspects of a project in a dynamic environment. In addition, possession of a strong technical education, professional demeanor, and desire to learn is essential.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering. Master degree in Geotechnical Engineering strongly preferred;
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree GPA of 3.0;
- FE/EIT certification preferred;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical and judgment capabilities;
- Demonstrated ability to follow direction and work in a team environment;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Working knowledge of computers;
- Field experience with construction monitoring is desired;
- Ability to spend at least 90% of working hours in the field while performing required field duties;
- A valid driver’s license in good standing;
- Position requires work Monday through Friday with occasional evenings and weekends;
- Ability to commence employment by June 2019; and
- Local candidates preferred.
Please submit resume, cover letter, and unofficial academic transcripts.
We offer competitive compensation packages; full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance; 401(k)/Roth with company match; extensive training; buddy and mentoring programs; employee referral and professional license bonuses; educational reimbursement; and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer