Civil Senior Project Engineer – 10 to 20+ Years Experience
|ID: 35964||Location: New York, NY|
|Discipline: Site/Civil||Posted Date: 02/19/2021|
Langan provides expert land development engineering and environmental consulting services for major developers, corporations, energy companies, healthcare systems, colleges/universities, and large infrastructure programs throughout the U.S. and around the world. Our employees collaborate seamlessly among 30+ offices and gain valuable hands-on experience that fosters career growth. Langan culture is entrepreneurial from advancing innovative technical solutions, to participating in robust training and knowledge sharing, to making progressive change within the communities we live and work.
Langan is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where employees are empowered to contribute their skills and knowledge to make impactful contributions. In 2020, Langan ranked as one of the top 5 Best Firms to Work For and top 100 Hot Firms.
Langan is seeking Site/Civil Engineers with land development engineering experience in our New York City office. The successful candidate will share our passion for technical excellence, and will have 10 to 20+ years of local and related site/civil land development engineering design experience on both small and large projects. This hands-on individual will play a critical role in helping to manage and mentor a team of engineers, lead design efforts, and develop and maintain clients for the firm. This person will both lead and support design and permitting efforts for a variety of land development projects, including residential, institutional, commercial centers, warehouse distribution centers, and mixed-use projects for both public and private clients. Individual must possess a positive and professional demeanor; an interest in career growth and development; and strong technical and communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering required, Master’s degree a plus;
- Possess a valid New York State Professional Engineer license;
- 10 to 20+ years of successful site / civil engineering experience with a concentration in land development;
- Strong client development and client management abilities;
- Work closely with office leadership to develop growth plans and ensure staff utilization;
- Will possess an entrepreneurial demeanor and will participate in Business Development activities by developing new clients for the firm and maintaining relationships with existing clients;
- Site/civil experience on a variety of project sites including the ability to design and oversee site layout, grading, drainage, infrastructure, erosion and sediment control, etc. from concept through completion;
- Expertise in stormwater management design, hydrologic/hydraulic analysis and design and SWPPP preparation;
- Experience in technical and proposal writing. Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical and judgment capabilities;
- Demonstrated experience in all aspects of land development engineering including the integration of geotechnical and environmental engineering;
- Possess a valid driver’s license in good standing and reliable transportation to job site or client locations;
- Proficiency of AutoCAD or Civil 3D (preferred);
- Participation in professional organizations; and
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team, and to mentor staff engineers.
Langan is committed to employee wellbeing and providing a healthy and safe work environment. Langan provides a rich array of programs and benefits to help its employees advance their careers and enhance the quality of their lives. Our comprehensive compensation package includes: full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, and paid pregnancy disability leave; 401(k)/Roth with company match; paid time off including parental and military leave; employee referral and professional license bonuses; and educational reimbursement.
Langan offers flexible work schedules; extensive training; wellness programs; buddy and mentoring programs; employee resource groups; and much more!
Langan is an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer committed to building a team that represents and values diverse backgrounds. Langan promotes a positive work environment of inclusion, where we respect each other’s differences and recognize that a diverse and inclusive environment is a key to our success.