Data Analyst – 1 to 5 Years Experience
|ID: 31023||Location: San Francisco, CA|
|Discipline: GIS||Posted Date: 12/12/2018|
Work for an Industry Leader
Challenging Projects & Dynamic Work Environment
Extensive Training Program
Community Service Opportunities
Langan is an award-winning ENR Top 500 Design Firm that offers integrated engineering and environmental services for both public and private sector clients at sites located throughout the United States and abroad. Langan receives numerous recognitions for its technical expertise as well as its work environment, including Zweig Group’s Best Firms to Work For, Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Award – Best Places to Work, NJ Biz Best Places to Work and Business of the Year – 50 Fastest Growing Companies, Hartford Business Journal’s Best Places to Work in CT, and Pittsburgh Business Times – Best Places to Work in Western PA. Visit our website for more information about our awards and recognitions.
Langan offers its employees opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish! Join our team of industry leaders and make a difference on some of the most exciting and interesting projects in the field!
Langan is seeking a Data Analyst with 1 to 5 years of experience. This position can be based in the San Francisco, Oakland or San Jose office. The successful candidate will have a strong background in environmental data management and analysis. Proficiency of pertinent software identified below is strongly desired. This position requires the flexibility to serve as a cross-disciplinary resource to best serve the needs of Langan.
- Develop and utilize data validation tools in Excel, Access and SQL to identify data quality issues;
- Collect and configure large datasets to meet project specifications;
- Document work processes, compose training documents and conduct training sessions;
- Implement, configure, and test commercial-off-the-shelf data management related software to meet project specifications;
- Provide technical support to field sampling teams and act as a liaison between the project staff, analytical laboratory, data validator, and GIS analysts;
- Provide reporting support by generating and formatting tables, charts, or graphs; and,
- Research state and federal regulations necessary to manage action levels or clean-up criteria.
- Bachelors degree in Science, Engineering or related field required;
- 1 – 5 years of experience in the environmental field with emphasis on environmental data management;
- Experience with enterprise database software: EarthSoft EQuIS, MS SQL Server, Oracle, and MS Access;
- Experience using MS Excel to manipulate and organize data sets for import into a database and for final reporting;
- Experience in the planning, design and implementation of mobile applications for field data collection a plus;
- Knowledge of California regulations, CERCLA and RCRA a plus;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, judgment, and problem solving capabilities;
- High initiative, superior interpersonal skills, and ability to work with minimal supervision and to manage multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Ability to work under pressure within tight schedules;
- Possess a valid driver’s license in good standing with reliable transportation; and,
- Availability to occasionally travel to other offices.
We offer competitive compensation packages; full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance; 401(k)/Roth with company match; extensive training; buddy and mentoring programs; employee referral and professional license bonuses; educational reimbursement; and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer