Engineering Technician – 2+ Years Experience
|ID: 36524||Location: San Jose, CA|
|Discipline: Geotechnical||Posted Date: 03/04/2021|
Langan provides expert land development engineering and environmental consulting services for major developers, corporations, energy companies, healthcare systems, colleges/universities, and large infrastructure programs throughout the U.S. and around the world. Our employees collaborate seamlessly among 30+ offices and gain valuable hands-on experience that fosters career growth. Langan culture is entrepreneurial from advancing innovative technical solutions, to participating in robust training and knowledge sharing, to making progressive change within the communities we live and work.
Langan is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where employees are empowered to contribute their skills and knowledge to make impactful contributions. In 2020, Langan ranked as one of the top 5 Best Firms to Work For and top 100 Hot Firms.
Langan is seeking an Engineering Technician to provide field services for construction and site investigation projects in our San Jose, CA office. As the successful candidate you will be performing field tests and collecting field data, monitoring complex construction related projects, and compiling daily reports.
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate; an Associate’s degree or college courses in science, engineering, or related fields are highly desirable;
- 2 or more years of related experience preferred, including nuclear densometer testing, earthwork observation, and testing experience is preferred;
- Experience with drilled shafts, piledriving, exploratory drilling, and shoring installation a plus;
- Must be willing to work in the field up to 100% of your time and perform required field duties which includes lifting and standing for long periods of time;
- Must be able to read and follow engineering plans and drawings, instruction manuals, and verbal and written procedures;
- Sound judgment and decision making skills;
- Ability to communicate effectively with contractors, clients, and managers;
- Good writing and mathematics skills for comprehensive inspection reports, tables, etc.;
- Experience with Excel and Word; basic PDF drawing skills are highly desirable;
- Knowledge of soils laboratory procedures is desirable;
- Self-motivated and responsible individual;
- Ability to attend project construction meetings, as needed;
- Must possess driver’s license in good standing;
- Possess the ability to work independently as well as in a group; and
- Availability to work overtime, including nights and weekends, as needed.
Langan is committed to employee wellbeing and providing a healthy and safe work environment. Langan provides a rich array of programs and benefits to help its employees advance their careers and enhance the quality of their lives. Our comprehensive compensation package includes: full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, and paid pregnancy disability leave; 401(k)/Roth with company match; paid time off including parental and military leave; employee referral and professional license bonuses; and educational reimbursement.
Langan offers flexible work schedules; extensive training; wellness programs; buddy and mentoring programs; employee resource groups; and much more!
Langan is an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer committed to building a team that represents and values diverse backgrounds. Langan promotes a positive work environment of inclusion, where we respect each other’s differences and recognize that a diverse and inclusive environment is a key to our success.