Engineering Technician – Entry to 2+ Years Experience
|ID: 32114||Location: Oakland, CA|
|Discipline: Geotechnical||Posted Date: 12/04/2019|
Work for an Industry Leader
Challenging Projects & Dynamic Work Environment
Extensive Training Program
Community Service Opportunities
Langan is an award-winning ENR Top 500 Design Firm that offers integrated engineering and environmental services for both public and private sector clients at sites located throughout the United States and abroad. Langan receives numerous recognitions for its technical expertise as well as its work environment, including “Best Places to Work” by NJBIZ, Zweig Group’s “Hot Firm” and ranked “Best Firm to Work For” in four categories, “Best Places to Work in Pennsylvania” by Best Companies Group and Pittsburgh Business Times “Best Places to Work in Western PA”, “Top Engineering Firm” by both San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal. Visit our website for more information about our awards and recognitions.
Langan offers its employees opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish! Join our team of industry leaders and make a difference on some of the most exciting and interesting projects in the field!
Langan is seeking an Engineering Technician to provide field services for construction and site investigation projects in our Oakland, San Francisco, or San Jose, CA offices. As the successful candidate, you will be performing field tests and collecting field data, monitoring complex construction related projects, and compiling daily reports.
- H.S. diploma or equivalency certificate; an Associate’s degree or college courses in science, engineering or related fields are highly desirable;
- 2 or more years of related experience preferred, including nuclear densometer testing, earthwork observation and testing experience is preferred, however, willing to train candidate with no experience;
- Experience with drilled shafts, piledriving, exploratory drilling and shoring installation a plus;
- Must be willing to work in the field up to 100% of your time and perform required field duties which includes lifting and standing for long periods of time;
- Must be able to read and follow engineering plans and drawings, instruction manuals, and verbal and written procedures;
- Sound judgment and decision making skills;
- Ability to communicate effectively with contractors, clients, and managers;
- Good writing and mathematics skills for comprehensive inspection reports, tables, etc.;
- Experience with Excel and Word; basic PDF drawing skills are highly desirable;
- Knowledge of soils laboratory procedures is desirable;
- Self-motivated and responsible individual;
- Ability to attend project construction meetings, as needed;
- Must possess driver’s license in good standing;
- Possess the ability to work independently as well as in a group; and
- Availability to work overtime, including nights and weekends, as needed.
We offer competitive compensation packages; full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance; 401(k)/Roth with company match; extensive training; buddy and mentoring programs; employee referral and professional license bonuses; educational reimbursement; and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer