Environmental Compliance Lead
|ID: 33745||Location: Doylestown, PA|
|Discipline: Environmental||Posted Date: 12/05/2020|
Work for an Industry Leader
Dynamic Work Environment
Langan is an award-winning ENR Top 500 Design Firm that offers integrated engineering and environmental services for both public and private sector clients at sites located throughout the United States and abroad. Langan receives numerous recognitions for its technical expertise as well as its work environment, including “Best Places to Work” by NJBIZ, Zweig Group’s “Hot Firm” and ranked “Best Firm to Work For” in four categories, “Best Places to Work in Pennsylvania” by Best Companies Group and Pittsburgh Business Times “Best Places to Work in Western PA”, “Top Engineering Firm” by both San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal. Visit our website for more information about our awards and recognitions.
Langan offers its employees opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish! Join our team of industry leaders and make a difference on some of the most exciting and interesting projects in the field!
Langan has an opening for an Environmental Compliance Lead. This position can be based in any of our U.S. Offices but placement in one of our NE offices is preferred. This role is an opportunity to provide technical expertise for environmental compliance across the firm. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading the environmental compliance group, managing existing clients and projects, and developing new clients and projects throughout the U.S. The candidate should have experience in air quality permitting, state and federal contingency plans, stormwater and wastewater permitting, multimedia compliance audits, and the ability to understand and communicate state or federal environmental regulations to clientele. Strong air quality permitting and compliance experience is a must. In addition, the candidate will be responsible for training staff and quality control of group work products.
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Engineering, Chemical Engineering or other engineering science (Master’s degree preferred);
- Preferred 10 – 20 years of related environmental compliance experience;
- Pennsylvania, New York and/or New Jersey P.E. license or other professional certification preferred;
- Background in air quality permitting in Pennsylvania, New York and New Jersey region, including Title V permitting and BACT, MACT, and PSD requirements;
- Ability to develop state and federal contingency plans including the SPCC and FRP;
- Understanding of hazardous and residual waste regulations;
- Familiar with community right-to-know programs;
- Ability to develop business and manage environmental projects;
- Strong leadership and decision-making skills;
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment and develop staff;
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and other related software (AutoCAD design software and GIS a plus);
- 40-Hour OSHA HAZWOPER certification;
- Reliable transportation to access remote job sites and a valid driver’s license in good standing; and
- Availability to work Monday through Friday with occasional evenings and weekends.
We offer competitive compensation packages; full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance; 401(k)/Roth with company match; extensive training; buddy and mentoring programs; employee referral and professional license bonuses; educational reimbursement; and much more!
Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer