Environmental Data Analyst – 1 to 3 Years Experience
|ID: 32070||Location: Oakland, CA|
|Discipline: GIS||Posted Date: 06/06/2019|
Work for an Industry Leader
Challenging Projects & Dynamic Work Environment
Extensive Training Program
Community Service Opportunities
Langan is an award-winning ENR Top 500 Design Firm that offers integrated engineering and environmental services for both public and private sector clients at sites located throughout the United States and abroad. Langan receives numerous recognitions for its technical expertise as well as its work environment, including Zweig Group’s Best Firms to Work For, Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Award – Best Places to Work, NJ Biz Best Places to Work and Business of the Year – 50 Fastest Growing Companies, Hartford Business Journal’s Best Places to Work in CT, and Pittsburgh Business Times – Best Places to Work in Western PA. Visit our website for more information about our awards and recognitions.
Langan offers its employees opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish! Join our team of industry leaders and make a difference on some of the most exciting and interesting projects in the field!
Langan has an opening for an Environmental Data Analyst in our Oakland, CA office. The successful candidate will have one to three years of experience in the environmental industry with a strong interest in establishing a career in environmental data management and analysis. This position requires the flexibility to serve as a cross-disciplinary resource to best serve the needs of Langan.
- Manage environmental data in Earthsoft EQuIS software;
- Review and revise laboratory and field data to meet internal and quality standards;
- Manipulate and transform data for analysis;
- Develop queries for data extraction;
- Provide reporting support by generating and formatting tables, charts, and graphs;
- Develop data management documentation for work processes and standard operating procedures;
- Act as a liaison between the project staff, analytical laboratory, data validator and GIS analysts;
- Provide technical support to field sampling teams;
- Provide internal guidance on data management to colleagues administer occasional presentations; and
- Other duties as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Geology, Environmental Science, Studies or Engineering;
- Experience using Microsoft Excel to manipulate and organize data sets;
- Experience in the environmental field and environmental data collection;
- Experience using California ESL and other applicable criteria;
- Experience with enterprise database software: EarthSoft EQuIS, MS SQL Server, Oracle or Microsoft Access;
- Experience in the planning, design and implementation of mobile applications for field data collection preferred, but not required;
- Knowledge of CERCLA and RCRA preferred, but not required;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Excellent analytical, judgment and problem solving capabilities;
- High initiative with superior interpersonal skills and the ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Ability to prioritize and work under pressure within tight schedules;
- Ability to present work to colleagues;
- Possess a valid driver’s license in good standing with reliable transportation; and
- Availability to occasionally travel to other offices.
We offer competitive compensation packages; full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance; 401(k)/Roth with company match; extensive training; buddy and mentoring programs; employee referral and professional license bonuses; educational reimbursement; and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer