Environmental Engineer – 1 to 4 Years Experience
|ID: 32208||Location: San Francisco, CA|
|Discipline: Environmental||Posted Date: 06/25/2019|
Work for an Industry Leader
Challenging Projects & Dynamic Work Environment
Extensive Training Program
Community Service Opportunities
Langan is an award-winning ENR Top 500 Design Firm that offers integrated engineering and environmental services for both public and private sector clients at sites located throughout the United States and abroad. Langan receives numerous recognitions for its technical expertise as well as its work environment, including “Best Places to Work” by NJBIZ, Zweig Group’s “Hot Firm” and ranked “Best Firm to Work For” in four categories, “Best Places to Work in Pennsylvania” by Best Companies Group and Pittsburgh Business Times “Best Places to Work in Western PA”, “Top Engineering Firm” by both San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal. Visit our website for more information about our awards and recognitions.
Langan offers its employees opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish! Join our team of industry leaders and make a difference on some of the most exciting and interesting projects in the field!
Langan has an opening for an Environmental Engineer with 1 to 4 years of environmental consulting experience in our San Francisco, CA office. As the successful candidate you will perform environmental site investigation, characterization, and remediation activities, including field work, data management and interpretation, and technical report writing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil/Environmental Engineering, Master’s degree preferred;
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0;
- Minimum 1 year of related environmental experience in California is preferred;
- Field experience including air/soil gas/soil/groundwater sampling is preferred;
- Environmental Site Assessment experience preferred;
- Design, operation, and/or maintenance experience for environmental remediation or mitigation systems or technologies is preferred;
- Knowledge and understanding of California environmental regulations and permitting is preferred;
- Willingness to work in the field approximately 50% of the time for the first couple of years;
- Attention to detail with superb analytical and judgment capabilities;
- Excellent communication and organization skills;
- Proficiency in MS Office including Word and Excel;
- Proficiency in AutoCAD;
- Position will require 40 hour OSHA HAZWOPER and willingness to work on contaminated land sites;
- Professional Licensure track position: EIT Certification or PE (civil) strongly preferred;
- Possess reliable transportation to access job sites and a valid driver’s license in good standing;
- Position requires work Monday through Friday with occasional evenings and weekends; and
- Local candidates preferred as relocation assistance is not provided.
Please submit resume and cover letter.
We offer competitive compensation packages; full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance; 401(k)/Roth with company match; extensive training; buddy and mentoring programs; employee referral and professional license bonuses; educational reimbursement; and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer