Environmental Engineer, Geologist, or Scientist – 5 to 10 Years Experience
|ID: 34281||Location: Santa Barbara, CA|
|Discipline: Environmental||Posted Date: 07/31/2020|
Work for an Industry Leader
Dynamic Work Environment
Langan is an award-winning ENR Top 500 Design Firm that offers integrated engineering and environmental services for both public and private sector clients at sites located throughout the United States and abroad. Langan receives numerous recognitions for its technical expertise as well as its work environment, including “Best Places to Work” by NJBIZ, Zweig Group’s “Hot Firm” and ranked “Best Firm to Work For” in four categories, “Best Places to Work in Pennsylvania” by Best Companies Group and Pittsburgh Business Times “Best Places to Work in Western PA”, “Top Engineering Firm” by both San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal. Visit our website for more information about our awards and recognitions.
Langan offers its employees opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish! Join our team of industry leaders and make a difference on some of the most exciting and interesting projects in the field!
Langan has an opening for an Environmental Engineer, Geologist, or Scientist – 5 to 10 Years Experience in our Santa Barbara, CA office. The successful candidate will have substantial recent experience managing and performing environmental site investigation and remediation projects in California. A strong technical background, in-depth knowledge of California regulations governing site investigation and remediation projects, and the ability to interpret and apply the regulations, is essential. As a part of the Langan team, the successful candidate will be responsible for task and project management, guiding and reviewing the work of staff, report and work plan preparation, managing billings, and interacting with clients, regulatory agencies and senior management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Geology, Hydrogeology, Environmental Science or related (Master’s degree preferred);
- 5 to 10 years of related California experience in contaminated sites investigation, engineering feasibility studies, including experience with petroleum hydrocarbons, fuel additives, chlorinated solvents, polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons, heavy metals, and nutrients;
- Experience conducting Phase I’s/Phase II’s/Phase III’s, drilling supervision, sampling, well installation, construction/remediation oversight;
- California Professional licensure a plus;
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of California regulations, including CERCLA and RCRA;
- Ability to effectively manage projects from concept through completion;
- Ability to manage and mentor staff;
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff, contractors, clients and managers;
- Willingness and ability to identify new client opportunities is strongly desired;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, judgment and problem-solving capabilities;
- Excellent verbal and written communication, organizational and multi-tasking skills;
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and related environmental software; AutoCAD and/or GIS a plus.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation for remote job site locations;
- 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER certification;
- Willingness to travel and work extended hours to meet project timelines. Must be able to work outside for long periods of time;
- Field experience with ability to travel to job sites in remote locations; and
- Must be willing to work in a construction environment where schedule, timeliness, and attention to detail are top priorities.
We offer competitive compensation packages; full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance; 401(k)/Roth with company match; extensive training; buddy and mentoring programs; employee referral and professional license bonuses; educational reimbursement; and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer