Environmental Engineer or Environmental Health and Safety Engineer – Entry to 4 Years Experience
|ID: 32309||Location: San Jose, CA|
|Discipline: Environmental||Posted Date: 09/03/2019|
Work for an Industry Leader
Challenging Projects & Dynamic Work Environment
Extensive Training Program
Community Service Opportunities
Langan is an award-winning ENR Top 500 Design Firm that offers integrated engineering and environmental services for both public and private sector clients at sites located throughout the United States and abroad. Langan receives numerous recognitions for its technical expertise as well as its work environment, including “Best Places to Work” by NJBIZ, Zweig Group’s “Hot Firm” and ranked “Best Firm to Work For” in four categories, “Best Places to Work in Pennsylvania” by Best Companies Group and Pittsburgh Business Times “Best Places to Work in Western PA”, “Top Engineering Firm” by both San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal. Visit our website for more information about our awards and recognitions.
Langan offers its employees opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish! Join our team of industry leaders and make a difference on some of the most exciting and interesting projects in the field!
Langan has an opening for an Environmental Engineer or Environmental Health and Safety Engineer with up to 4 years of related experience in our San Jose, CA office. As the successful candidate, your responsibilities would include, but not be limited to: performing field services and tests for site investigation, remediation, and construction projects; monitoring construction or operation and maintenance related efforts at job sites; serving as on-site Environmental Health and Safety (EH&S) professional at client facilities, and in an office setting, evaluating environmental data and preparing written summary documents. Essential skills or qualities include excellent communication and technical writing, strong technical background and education, high professional demeanor, and a desire to learn and work within a project team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Engineering or Environmental Science;
- Ideally possess up to 4 years of related environmental or EH&S experience; experience in California preferred;
- Working towards a Professional Registration preferred;
- 40-Hour OSHA HAZWOPER certification preferred, but not required;
- Environmental field experience, with soil gas/soil/groundwater/air sampling preferred;
- Knowledge and understanding of California environmental regulations preferred;
- Attention to detail with excellent analytical and judgment capabilities;
- Demonstrated ability to follow direction and work in a team environment;
- Willingness and ability to work in the field up to 50% of the time;
- Willingness to work in large industrial facilities;
- Excellent technical writing and verbal communication skills;
- Strong mathematics, chemistry, and computer skills;
- Possess reliable transportation to access job sites and a valid driver’s license in good standing;
- Availability to work Monday through Friday with evenings and weekends, when needed; and
- Local candidates preferred.
Please submit resume, cover letter, and unofficial academic transcripts.
We offer competitive compensation packages; full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance; 401(k)/Roth with company match; extensive training; buddy and mentoring programs; employee referral and professional license bonuses; educational reimbursement; and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer