Environmental Engineer or Hydrogeologist – Entry to 2 Years Experience
|ID: 35569||Location: Doylestown, PA|
|Discipline: Environmental||Posted Date: 01/14/2021|
Work for an Industry Leader
Challenging Projects & Dynamic Work Environment
Extensive Training Program
Community Service Opportunities
Langan is an award-winning ENR Top 500 Design Firm that offers integrated engineering and environmental services for both public and private sector clients at sites located throughout the United States and abroad. Langan receives numerous recognitions for its technical expertise as well as its work environment, including “Best Places to Work” by NJBIZ, Zweig Group’s “Hot Firm” and ranked “Best Firm to Work For” in four categories, “Best Places to Work in Pennsylvania” by Best Companies Group and Pittsburgh Business Times “Best Places to Work in Western PA”, “Top Engineering Firm” by both San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal. Visit our website for more information about our awards and recognitions.
Langan offers its employees opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish! Join our team of industry leaders and make a difference on some of the most exciting and interesting projects in the field!
Langan has an opening for Environmental Engineer or Hydrogeologist– Entry to 2 Years Experience in our Doylestown, PA office. As the successful candidate you will have an enthusiastic, can-do attitude with strong interest in performing: environmental site investigation and remediation work; soil, groundwater and air sampling; remedial investigation, remedial design, remedial action implementation and monitoring; pilot tests; data management, processing and evaluation; environmental due diligence; and report preparation. In addition, industrial wastewater treatment evaluation and design work will be part of the work. A strong technical education, professional demeanor and desire to learn is essential.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (environmental, civil, or chemical) or Hydrogeology, Master’s degree preferred;
- Knowledge of general environmental engineering principals;
- Knowledge of groundwater flow and LNAPL/DNAPL behavior;
- Field experience including soil gas/soil/groundwater sampling strongly preferred;
- Knowledge of Pennsylvania and New Jersey environmental regulations preferred;
- Current OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER certification preferred;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, judgment and problem-solving capabilities;
- Demonstrated ability to follow direction and work in a team environment;
- Excellent written and verbal communication and organization skills;
- Ability to work in the field approximately 50% of the time, which requires lifting and moderately strenuous activity;
- Working knowledge of computers and GIS modeling, CADD and mapping;
- Reliable transportation to access remote job sites and a valid driver’s license in good standing; and
- Position requires work Monday through Friday with occasional evenings and weekends as well as some overnight travel.
We offer competitive compensation packages; full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance; 401(k)/Roth with company match; extensive training; buddy and mentoring programs; employee referral and professional license bonuses; educational reimbursement; and much more!
Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer