Environmental Engineer, Scientist or Geologist – 6 to 10 Years Experience
|ID: 33921||Location: Seattle, WA|
|Discipline: Environmental||Posted Date: 06/08/2020|
Work for an Industry Leader
Dynamic Work Environment
Langan is an award-winning ENR Top 500 Design Firm that offers integrated engineering and environmental services for both public and private sector clients at sites located throughout the United States and abroad. Langan receives numerous recognitions for its technical expertise as well as its work environment, including “Best Places to Work” by NJBIZ, Zweig Group’s “Hot Firm” and ranked “Best Firm to Work For” in four categories, “Best Places to Work in Pennsylvania” by Best Companies Group and Pittsburgh Business Times “Best Places to Work in Western PA”, “Top Engineering Firm” by both San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal. Visit our website for more information about our awards and recognitions.
Langan offers its employees opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish! Join our team of industry leaders and make a difference on some of the most exciting and interesting projects in the field!
Langan has an opening for an Environmental Engineer, Scientist or Geologist – 6 to 10 Years Experience in our Seattle, WA office. The successful candidate will have substantial recent experience managing and performing environmental site investigation and remediation projects. A strong technical background, in-depth knowledge of local regulations governing site investigation and remediation projects, and the ability to interpret and apply the regulations is essential. Prior experience on small and large scale projects involving vapor intrusion investigation and mitigation design, remedial investigation, feasibility study, and design, landfill post-closure environmental planning, and dry cleaner impacted sites is a plus. As a part of the Langan team, the successful candidate will be responsible for client management, task and project management, guiding and reviewing the work of staff, report and work plan preparation, managing billings, and interacting with client teams, regulatory agencies and senior management. Some of your responsibilities will include working on projects with other Langan offices and may include travel to other Langan regions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Engineering, Geology or Hydrogeology required; Master’s degree in Environmental Engineering preferred;
- 6-10 years of related experience in contaminated sites investigation, engineering feasibility studies, remedial and mitigation system design and construction oversight for urban in-fill projects, including experience with chlorinated solvents, petroleum hydrocarbons, fuel additives, polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons, and heavy metals;
- Experience conducting Phase I, II and III environmental site assessments including drilling observation, sampling, well installation, and construction/remediation oversight;
- Professional licensure or the ability to obtain within 1 year;
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of local regulations, CERCLA and RCRA;
- Ability to prepare effective proposals and cost estimates;
- Effectively manage projects from concept through completion;
- Ability to manage client environmental programs and project portfolios;
- Ability to manage and mentor staff;
- Ability to work independently and as an effective team member;
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff, contractors, clients and managers;
- Willingness and ability to identify new client opportunities and develop business is strongly desired;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, judgment and problem-solving capabilities;
- Excellent verbal and written communication, organizational and multi-tasking skills;
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and related environmental software; AutoCAD and/or GIS a plus;
- Possess a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation for remote job site locations;
- 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER certification; and
- Position requires work Monday through Friday with occasional evenings and weekends.
We offer competitive compensation packages; full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance; 401(k)/Roth with company match; extensive training; buddy and mentoring programs; employee referral and professional license bonuses; educational reimbursement; and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer