Environmental Engineers, Scientists, or Geologists – Entry Level
|ID: 35068||Location: Pittsburgh, PA|
|Discipline: Environmental||Posted Date: 12/22/2020|
Work for an Industry Leader
Challenging Projects & Dynamic Work Environment
Extensive Training Program
Community Service Opportunities
Langan is an award-winning ENR Top 500 Design Firm that offers integrated engineering and environmental services for both public and private sector clients at sites located throughout the United States and abroad. Langan receives numerous recognitions for its technical expertise as well as its work environment, including “Best Places to Work” by NJBIZ, Zweig Group’s “Hot Firm” and ranked “Best Firm to Work For” in four categories, “Best Places to Work in Pennsylvania” by Best Companies Group and Pittsburgh Business Times “Best Places to Work in Western PA”, “Top Engineering Firm” by both San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal. Visit our website for more information about our awards and recognitions.
Langan offers its employees opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish! Join our team of industry leaders and make a difference on some of the most exciting and interesting projects in the field!
Langan has openings for Environmental Engineers, Scientists, or Geologists – Entry Level in our Pittsburgh, PA office. As the successful candidate, your responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to: supporting the performance of environmental projects, preparing technical proposals and reports, performing field investigations, and applying a diversified knowledge of engineering and geologic principles and practices in broad areas of assignments. Daily activities may include oversight of environmental drilling and well installation, multimedia sampling, contractor oversight, Phase I Environmental Site Assessments, and environmental reporting. Possession of a strong technical education, technical writing skills, data management skills, a professional demeanor, and the desire to learn are essential.
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science or Geology required, Master’s degree preferred;
- Minimum 3.0 GPA required;
- 40-Hour OSHA HAZWOPER Certification a plus;
- EIT certification strongly preferred;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, judgment and problem-solving capabilities;
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment;
- Excellent written and verbal communication and organization skills;
- Working knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel, and AutoCAD design software, GIS a plus;
- Ability to spend at least 50% of work hours in the field;
- Possess a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation for remote job site locations; and
- Position requires work Monday through Friday with occasional evenings and weekends.
We offer competitive compensation packages; full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance; 401(k)/Roth with company match; extensive training; buddy and mentoring programs; employee referral and professional license bonuses; educational reimbursement; and much more!
Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer