Environmental Health and Safety Specialist or Engineer – Entry to 4 Years Experience
|ID: 31899||Location: San Jose, CA|
|Discipline: Environmental||Posted Date: 02/04/2019|
Work for an Industry Leader
Challenging Projects & Dynamic Work Environment
Extensive Training Program
Community Service Opportunities
Langan is an award-winning ENR Top 500 Design Firm that offers integrated engineering and environmental services for both public and private sector clients at sites located throughout the United States and abroad. Langan receives numerous recognitions for its technical expertise as well as its work environment, including Zweig Group’s Best Firms to Work For, Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Award – Best Places to Work, NJ Biz Best Places to Work and Business of the Year – 50 Fastest Growing Companies, Hartford Business Journal’s Best Places to Work in CT, and Pittsburgh Business Times – Best Places to Work in Western PA. Visit our website for more information about our awards and recognitions.
Langan offers its employees opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish! Join our team of industry leaders and make a difference on some of the most exciting and interesting projects in the field!
Langan has an opening for an Environmental Health and Safety Specialist/Engineer with up to 4 years of related experience in our San Jose, CA office. As the successful candidate, your responsibilities would include, but not be limited to: serving as the on-site Environmental Health and Safety (EH&S) specialist/engineer at client facilities, performing field services and sampling for regulatory monitoring events, and monitoring construction or operation and maintenance related efforts at jobsites. In an office setting, your responsibilities would include, but not be limited to: preparing and processing near-miss and accident reports, assisting in conducting mock OSHA audits and developing EH&S Programs, assisting clients with preparing Site Specific EH&S Plans and permit applications, coordinating with regulatory agencies to obtain permits, conducting Construction Pre-Planning, and creating Job Hazard Analysis. Essential skills or qualities include excellent communication and technical writing, strong technical background and education, high professional demeanor, and a desire to learn and work within a project team.
- Ideally possess up to 4 years of related EH&S experience. Experience in California preferred;
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Engineering or Environmental Sciences required;
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) and/or Certified Hazardous Materials Manager (CHMM) preferred, but not required;
- Working towards a Professional Registration preferred;
- 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER certification preferred;
- Knowledge and understanding of California environmental regulations preferred;
- Attention to detail with excellent analytical and judgment capabilities;
- Demonstrated ability to follow direction and work in a team environment;
- Willingness and ability to work at client facilities up to 100% of the time;
- Willingness to work in large industrial facilities;
- Excellent technical writing and verbal communication skills;
- Possess reliable transportation to access job sites and a valid driver’s license in good standing;
- Availability to work Monday through Friday with evenings and weekends, when needed; and,
- Local candidates preferred.
Please submit resume and cover letter.
We offer competitive compensation packages; full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance; 401(k)/Roth with company match; extensive training; buddy and mentoring programs; employee referral and professional license bonuses; educational reimbursement; and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer