Environmental Permitting and Compliance Engineer or Scientist – 5 to 10 Years Experience
|ID: 31873||Location: Doylestown, PA|
|Discipline: Environmental||Posted Date: 06/07/2019|
Work for an Industry Leader
Dynamic Work Environment
Langan is an award-winning ENR Top 500 Design Firm that offers integrated engineering and environmental services for both public and private sector clients at sites located throughout the United States and abroad. Langan receives numerous recognitions for its technical expertise as well as its work environment, including Zweig Group’s Best Firms to Work For, Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Award – Best Places to Work, NJ Biz Best Places to Work and Business of the Year – 50 Fastest Growing Companies, Hartford Business Journal’s Best Places to Work in CT, and Pittsburgh Business Times – Best Places to Work in Western PA. Visit our website for more information about our awards and recognitions.
Langan offers its employees opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish! Join our team of industry leaders and make a difference on some of the most exciting and interesting projects in the field!
Langan has an opening for an Environmental Permitting and Compliance Engineer or Scientist with 5 to 10 years of experience in our Doylestown, PA office. As the successful candidate, you will have an enthusiastic, can-do attitude with strong interest in managing and performing environmental compliance and permitting projects as well as a willingness to develop business. The successful candidate should have experience in air quality permitting, industrial wastewater and stormwater permitting, storage tank registration and compliance evaluations, waste management, multi-media environmental compliance audits, development of monitoring and spill prevention and contingency plans (SPCC, FRP, SPR, SWPPP), greenhouse gas emission, sustainability programs and reporting As part of the Langan team, the successful candidate will be responsible for task and project management, guiding and reviewing the work of staff, permit and plan preparations, and interacting with clients and senior management.
- BS degree in Environmental, Chemical, other engineering, or science (Master’s degree preferred);
- Ideally will possess 5 to 10 years of experience working with regulations and environmental permitting;
- Professional certification preferred;
- Willingness and ability to identify new client opportunities is strongly desired;
- Excellent written and verbal communication and organization skills, as well as organization and multi-tasking skills;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, judgment and problem-solving capabilities;
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment and develop staff;
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and other related software (Air Modeling Software, AERMOD, ProMax, a plus);
- 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER certification;
- Reliable transportation to access remote job sites and a valid driver’s license in good standing; and,
- Availability to work Monday through Friday with occasional evenings and weekends.
We offer competitive compensation packages; full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance; 401(k)/Roth with company match; extensive training; buddy and mentoring programs; employee referral and professional license bonuses; educational reimbursement; and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer