Environmental Planner – 1 to 3 Years Experience
|ID: 30101||Location: New York, NY|
|Discipline: Environmental||Posted Date: 07/13/2018|
Work for an Industry Leader
Challenging Projects & Dynamic Work Environment
Extensive Training Program
Community Service Opportunities
Langan is an award-winning ENR Top 500 Design Firm that offers integrated engineering and environmental services for both public and private sector clients at sites located throughout the United States and abroad. Langan receives numerous recognitions for its technical expertise as well as its work environment, including Zweig Group’s Best Firms to Work For, Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Award – Best Places to Work, NJ Biz Best Places to Work and Business of the Year – 50 Fastest Growing Companies, Hartford Business Journal’s Best Places to Work in CT, and Pittsburgh Business Times – Best Places to Work in Western PA. Visit our website for more information about our awards and recognitions.
Langan offers its employees opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish! Join our team of industry leaders and make a difference on some of the most exciting and interesting projects in the field!
Langan has an immediate opening for an Environmental / Urban Planner in for its growing Environmental Planning group in our New York City office. As a successful candidate, you must be knowledgeable in New York City’s Environmental Quality Review (CEQR) and Uniform Land Use Review Procedure (ULURP) processes. You must possess an energetic, entrepreneurial and professional demeanor, as well as strong technical and communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental or Urban Planning or closely related field such as Environmental Policy; equivalent experience may be considered if degrees are in other disciplines;
- Master’s degree in Environmental or Urban Planning is a plus;
- AICP Certification a plus;
- Knowledge of the New York City Environmental Quality Review (CEQR) process and regulations, the City’s land use review procedures, and the State Environmental Quality Review Act (SEQRA);
- Experience with CEQR Environmental Assessment Statements and Environmental Impact Statements as well as experience with ULURP is a plus;
- GIS proficiency is a plus;
- Experience writing proposals is a plus;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, verbal and written communication skills and ability to meet deadlines; and,
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment.
Langan offers its employees opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish!
We offer competitive compensation packages; full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance; 401(k)/Roth with company match; extensive training; buddy and mentoring programs; employee referral and professional license bonuses; educational reimbursement; and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer