Environmental Project Engineer – 10+ Years Experience
|ID: 35681||Location: Arlington, VA|
|Discipline: Environmental||Posted Date: 12/30/2020|
Work for an Industry Leader
Dynamic Work Environment
Langan is an award-winning ENR Top 500 Design Firm that offers integrated engineering and environmental services for both public and private sector clients at sites located throughout the United States and abroad. Langan receives numerous recognitions for its technical expertise as well as its work environment, including “Best Places to Work” by NJBIZ, Zweig Group’s “Hot Firm” and ranked “Best Firm to Work For” in four categories, “Best Places to Work in Pennsylvania” by Best Companies Group and Pittsburgh Business Times “Best Places to Work in Western PA”, “Top Engineering Firm” by both San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal. Visit our website for more information about our awards and recognitions.
Langan offers its employees opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish! Join our team of industry leaders and make a difference on some of the most exciting and interesting projects in the field!
Langan has an opening for an Environmental Project Engineer – 10+ Years Experience in our Arlington, VA office. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to conducting engineering research and analysis, as well as complex analyses of broader engineering and environmental projects. As a part of the Langan team, the successful candidate will be responsible for managing tasks and projects and preparing proposals, technical documents and reports. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing his/her own team and will mentor staff on technical engineering and environmental tasks. In addition, possession of a strong technical education, willingness to be a seller/doer and a professional demeanor are essential.
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Engineering or related field required; Master’s degree preferred;
- 10+ years of related environmental experience;
- Professional Engineer licensure preferred;
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of local environmental regulations;
- Strong client development abilities and proven record as a seller/doer;
- Experience leading/managing projects from concept through completion including, but not limited to preparation of proposals, reports, bid specifications and coordination of remediation planning and projects; client, project, staff and contractor management; budgets and billings; etc.;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, judgment and problem-solving capabilities;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as organization and multi-tasking skills;
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and related environmental software; AutoCAD and/or GIS a plus;
- 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER certification as some field work is required; and
- Possess a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation for job site locations and client meetings.
We offer competitive compensation packages; full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance; 401(k)/Roth with company match; extensive training; buddy and mentoring programs; employee referral and professional license bonuses; educational reimbursement; and much more!
Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer