Environmental Project Manager – 8 to 10+ Years Experience
|ID: 32272||Location: Houston, TX|
|Discipline: Environmental||Posted Date: 08/19/2019|
Work for an Industry Leader
Dynamic Work Environment
Langan is an award-winning ENR Top 500 Design Firm that offers integrated engineering and environmental services for both public and private sector clients at sites located throughout the United States and abroad. Langan receives numerous recognitions for its technical expertise as well as its work environment, including “Best Places to Work” by NJBIZ, Zweig Group’s “Hot Firm” and ranked “Best Firm to Work For” in four categories, “Best Places to Work in Pennsylvania” by Best Companies Group and Pittsburgh Business Times “Best Places to Work in Western PA”, “Top Engineering Firm” by both San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal. Visit our website for more information about our awards and recognitions.
Langan offers its employees opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish! Join our team of industry leaders and make a difference on some of the most exciting and interesting projects in the field!
Langan has an opening for an Environmental Project Manager with 8 to 10+ years of experience in our Houston, TX location. A successful candidate will be responsible for managing environmental projects, preparing technical proposals and reports, conducting environmental research and analyses, supervising field investigations and laboratory analyses, managing staff, and developing new clients and business opportunities.
- Manage environmental projects. Accurately interpret findings, confirming that data collections and lab analyses are completed correctly, timely, and on budget;
- Lead the preparation and modification of reports, specifications, plans, and designs for projects;
- Perform complex analyses for specific portions of broader engineering projects;
- Assist in planning schedules and developing tasks and project budgets;
- Perform and manage multiple projects and tasks within specific budgets, schedules, and deadlines. Monitor budgets, schedules, and project timelines. Minimize write-offs by keeping projects on budget;
- Prepare draft invoices, project billings, and assist in payment collections;
- Apply standard practices and techniques to unusual situations or to devise new approaches to problems;
- Demonstrate competency in areas of supervision and project management and participate in internal and external project management training;
- Provide technical guidance to projects and employees within own discipline; provide final technical review of calculations, analyses and project reports. Lead the development of strategies and designs for meeting client objectives and carrying out projects;
- Responsible for visiting existing and potential clients and attending business meetings;
- Participate in the identification and pursuit of new clients, prepare proposals, learn to develop additional work within an existing project and attend business development meetings with new and existing clients. Involved in contractual negotiations under the direction of Associate, Senior Associate, or Principal;
- Interact extensively and build strong relationships with client, contractor, or subcontractor representatives. Demonstrate a strong commitment to customer service and responsiveness to client needs; and
- Coach, mentor, train, and motivate project staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil/Environmental Engineering, Geology, or Science; LEED AP or equivalent; Master’s degree in Environmental Engineering, Geology, or Science; PE certification;
- 8 – 10+ years of work related experience;
- Strong understanding of regulatory requirements;
- Knowledge of quantitative/technical analyses and related software;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Excellent analytical and judgment capabilities;
- Ability to multi-task effectively, manage multiple projects and clients, develop and manage project budgets, and ability to effectively manage and coach staff;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work evenings and/or weekends as projects require; and
- Ability to travel and spend time at a job site or client location.
We offer competitive compensation packages; full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance; 401(k)/Roth with company match; extensive training; buddy and mentoring programs; employee referral and professional license bonuses; educational reimbursement; and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer