Environmental Project Manager – Natural Resources – 8 to 15 Years Experience
|ID: 32062||Location: Pittsburgh, PA|
|Discipline: Natural Resources||Posted Date: 06/06/2019|
Work for an Industry Leader
Dynamic Work Environment
Langan is an award-winning ENR Top 500 Design Firm that offers integrated engineering and environmental services for both public and private sector clients at sites located throughout the United States and abroad. Langan receives numerous recognitions for its technical expertise as well as its work environment, including Zweig Group’s Best Firms to Work For, Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Award – Best Places to Work, NJ Biz Best Places to Work and Business of the Year – 50 Fastest Growing Companies, Hartford Business Journal’s Best Places to Work in CT, and Pittsburgh Business Times – Best Places to Work in Western PA. Visit our website for more information about our awards and recognitions.
Langan offers its employees opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish! Join our team of industry leaders and make a difference on some of the most exciting and interesting projects in the field!
Langan has an opening for an Environmental Project Manager with Natural Resources/Wetlands focus in our Canonsburg, PA office. As the successful manager, you will possess 8 to 15 years of related experience in natural resource/land use/environmental permitting related tasks for a diverse range of projects. You will have local experience and knowledge with natural resource surveys and permitting for traditional land development as well as natural gas and other energy sector developments in the Appalachian Basin. Responsibilities include developing regulatory strategies for projects, preparation of proposals, permit applications, environmental survey reports and assessments, and environmental impact statements, as well as developing new business and maintaining existing clients in the greater Pittsburgh Area (western Pennsylvania, Ohio, and West Virginia). You will be responsible for managing and growing a team of natural resource specialists across our regional offices and interacting with design engineers, clients, and regulatory personnel.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science/Resource Management, Environmental Planning, Natural Resources, Biology, Wetland Ecology or a related field;
- Professional Wetland Scientist certification desired;
- Experience with environmental state (PA, OH and WV) and federal (USACE, USFWS, NEPA) regulatory strategy and permitting;
- 8 to 15 years of relevant regional experience with environmental surveys, delineations, permitting and mitigation;
- Ability to conduct/manage wetland delineations, prepare permit applications and other technical reports; prepare figures, maps, and drawings, and perform field work;
- Experience preparing project specifications and detailed cost estimates;
- Experience developing and maintaining clients;
- Possession of a professional demeanor with strong technical skills;
- Desire and ability to seek out new business opportunities and develop additional clients while maintaining billability;
- Active participation in local professional organizations;
- Ability to effectively manage projects from concept through completion;
- Experience working with staff, clients and regulatory agencies;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical and judgment capabilities;
- A collaborative team builder with excellent interpersonal and social skills;
- Strong presentation, verbal, and written communication skills;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and proficiency with GIS and AutoCAD software; and
- Position requires work Monday through Friday with occasional evenings and weekends.
We offer competitive compensation packages; full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance; 401(k)/Roth with company match; extensive training; buddy and mentoring programs; employee referral and professional license bonuses; educational reimbursement; and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer