Environmental Scientist – 1 to 3 Years Experience
|ID: 32031||Location: Doylestown, PA|
|Discipline: Environmental||Posted Date: 06/06/2019|
Work for an Industry Leader
Challenging Projects & Dynamic Work Environment
Extensive Training Program
Community Service Opportunities
Langan is an award-winning ENR Top 500 Design Firm that offers integrated engineering and environmental services for both public and private sector clients at sites located throughout the United States and abroad. Langan receives numerous recognitions for its technical expertise as well as its work environment, including Zweig Group’s Best Firms to Work For, Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Award – Best Places to Work, NJ Biz Best Places to Work and Business of the Year – 50 Fastest Growing Companies, Hartford Business Journal’s Best Places to Work in CT, and Pittsburgh Business Times – Best Places to Work in Western PA. Visit our website for more information about our awards and recognitions.
Langan offers its employees opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish! Join our team of industry leaders and make a difference on some of the most exciting and interesting projects in the field!
Langan has an opening for an Environmental Scientist – 1 to 3 years of experience in Ecological Risk Assessment and Sediment Remedial Investigations in our Warrington, PA office. As the successful candidate, you will have an enthusiastic, can-do attitude with strong interest in performing sediment remedial investigations and ecological risk assessments associated with environmental site investigations. Duties will include, but will not be limited to: conducting habitat assessments; collecting chemistry, biological and toxicology samples; evaluating and interpreting field chemistry and bioassay data; evaluating the fate and transport of constituents in aquatic-related abiotic and biotic media; quantifying and assessing ecological exposures; statistical analysis of environmental datasets, report preparation and technical writing associated with determination and remediation of risk to ecological receptors. Possession of a strong technical education, professional demeanor, and enthusiastic desire to learn is essential.
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science or related discipline; Coursework desired: Terrestrial and Aquatic Ecology, Aquatic Biology, Ecotoxicology, Soil Science, Biostatistics, Environmental Chemistry, Geographical Information Systems as it relates to terrestrial and aquatic wildlife and plants;
- Preferably a minimum of two years of experience completing sediment remedial investigations and ecological risk assessments of aquatic and terrestrial ecosystems within state and federal environmental cleanup regulatory programs or related internship experience;
- Preferably experience conducting and leading field sampling investigations, including sediment, pore water, and biological sampling and conducting statistical data analysis;
- Knowledge and understanding of NJ and PA environmental regulations is a plus;
- OSHA 40 Hour HAZWOPER certification desired;
- Ability to spend at least 50% of working hours in the field;
- Possess reliable transportation to access remote job sites and a valid driver’s license in good standing;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, judgment, problem-solving capabilities;
- Demonstrated ability to follow direction and work independently as well as in a team environment;
- Excellent written and verbal communication, time management and organization skills;
- Working knowledge of computers; GIS modeling and mapping experience and database experience preferred; and,
- Position requires work Monday through Friday with occasional evenings and weekends.
We offer competitive compensation packages; full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance; 401(k)/Roth with company match; extensive training; buddy and mentoring programs; employee referral and professional license bonuses; educational reimbursement; and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer