Environmental Scientist, Geologist, Engineer or Hydrogeologist – 5 to 7 Years Experience
|ID: 36665||Location: Philadelphia, PA|
|Discipline: Environmental||Posted Date: 03/10/2021|
Langan provides expert land development engineering and environmental consulting services for major developers, corporations, energy companies, healthcare systems, colleges/universities, and large infrastructure programs throughout the U.S. and around the world. Our employees collaborate seamlessly among 30+ offices and gain valuable hands-on experience that fosters career growth. Langan culture is entrepreneurial from advancing innovative technical solutions, to participating in robust training and knowledge sharing, to making progressive change within the communities we live and work.
Langan is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where employees are empowered to contribute their skills and knowledge to make impactful contributions. In 2020, Langan ranked as one of the top 5 Best Firms to Work For and top 100 Hot Firms.
Langan has an opening for an Environmental Scientist, Geologist, Engineer or Hydrogeologist with 5 to 7 years of related environmental experience in our Philadelphia, PA office. As the successful candidate, you will have an ambitious, enthusiastic, can-do attitude with strong interest in working in both the office and the field. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: assisting with management and coordination of project tasks, preparing reports and work plans, project related office and field work, evaluating site data and preparing investigative scopes of work, data management and interpretation, working with regulators, performing soil / groundwater / vapor / ecological environmental investigations and development of conceptual site models. In addition, possession of a strong technical education, professional demeanor, and desire to learn is essential.
- Bachelor’s degree in Geology, Hydrogeology, Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering, or related (Master’s preferred);
- Ideally will possess 5 to 7 years of field experience in New Jersey and/or Pennsylvania related to environmental investigations and remediation projects;
- Office experience related to scheduling, technical report writing and lab coordination;
- Demonstrated ability to organize, implement field work and provide training to new team members;
- Knowledge of NJDEP, PADEP, CERCLA and RCRA regulations;
- Strong understanding of accepted sampling and analytical techniques;
- Knowledge of groundwater flow, aquifer characteristic testing and LNAPL / DNAPL behavior;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, judgment and problem-solving capabilities;
- Demonstrated ability to follow direction and work independently, as well as in a team environment;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as organization and multi-tasking skills;
- Working knowledge of computers; AutoCAD, GIS modeling and mapping and data visualization experience preferred;
- Candidates must be able to spend at least 50% of working hours in the field;
- 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER certification;
- Possess a valid driver’s license in good standing and reliable transportation for remote job site locations; and
- Availability to work Monday through Friday with occasional evenings and weekends.
Langan is committed to employee wellbeing and providing a healthy and safe work environment. Langan provides a rich array of programs and benefits to help its employees advance their careers and enhance the quality of their lives. Our comprehensive compensation package includes: full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, and paid pregnancy disability leave; 401(k)/Roth with company match; paid time off including parental and military leave; employee referral and professional license bonuses; and educational reimbursement.
Langan offers flexible work schedules; extensive training; wellness programs; buddy and mentoring programs; employee resource groups; and much more!
Langan is an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer committed to building a team that represents and values diverse backgrounds. Langan promotes a positive work environment of inclusion, where we respect each other’s differences and recognize that a diverse and inclusive environment is a key to our success.