Environmental Scientist, Geologist, Engineer or Hydrogeologist – Entry to 3 Years Experience
|ID: 36664||Location: Philadelphia, PA|
|Discipline: Environmental||Posted Date: 03/10/2021|
Langan provides expert land development engineering and environmental consulting services for major developers, corporations, energy companies, healthcare systems, colleges/universities, and large infrastructure programs throughout the U.S. and around the world. Our employees collaborate seamlessly among 30+ offices and gain valuable hands-on experience that fosters career growth. Langan culture is entrepreneurial from advancing innovative technical solutions, to participating in robust training and knowledge sharing, to making progressive change within the communities we live and work.
Langan is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where employees are empowered to contribute their skills and knowledge to make impactful contributions. In 2020, Langan ranked as one of the top 5 Best Firms to Work For and top 100 Hot Firms.
Langan has an opening for an Environmental Scientist, Geologist, Engineer or Hydrogeologist – Entry to 3 Years Experience in our Philadelphia, PA office. As the successful candidate, you will have an enthusiastic, can-do attitude with strong interest in performing: environmental site investigation and remediation work; soil, groundwater and air sampling; remedial investigation, design, implementation and monitoring; pilot tests; data management, processing and evaluation; environmental due diligence; and report preparation. In addition, a strong technical education, professional demeanor, and desire to learn is essential.
- Bachelor’s degree in Geology, Hydrogeology, Environmental Science or Environmental Engineering, or related, (Master’s preferred);
- Knowledge of groundwater flow and LNAPL / DNAPL behavior;
- Field experience including soil gas/soil/groundwater sampling strongly preferred;
- Knowledge of New Jersey and Pennsylvania environmental regulations (preferred);
- Current OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER certification (preferred);
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, judgment and problem-solving capabilities;
- Demonstrated ability to follow direction and work in a team environment;
- Excellent written and verbal communication and organization skills;
- Ability to work in the field approximately 50% of the time, which requires lifting and moderately strenuous activity;
- Working knowledge of computers and GIS modeling and mapping;
- Reliable transportation to access remote job sites and a valid driver’s license in good standing; and
- Position requires work Monday through Friday with occasional evenings and weekends as well as some overnight travel.
Langan is committed to employee wellbeing and providing a healthy and safe work environment. Langan provides a rich array of programs and benefits to help its employees advance their careers and enhance the quality of their lives. Our comprehensive compensation package includes: full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, and paid pregnancy disability leave; 401(k)/Roth with company match; paid time off including parental and military leave; employee referral and professional license bonuses; and educational reimbursement.
Langan offers flexible work schedules; extensive training; wellness programs; buddy and mentoring programs; employee resource groups; and much more!
Langan is an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer committed to building a team that represents and values diverse backgrounds. Langan promotes a positive work environment of inclusion, where we respect each other’s differences and recognize that a diverse and inclusive environment is a key to our success.