Environmental Scientist, Geologist, Hydrogeologist, or Engineer – 5 to 9 Years Experience
|ID: 32107||Location: Pittsburgh, PA|
|Discipline: Environmental||Posted Date: 06/06/2019|
Work for an Industry Leader
Dynamic Work Environment
Langan is an award-winning ENR Top 500 Design Firm that offers integrated engineering and environmental services for both public and private sector clients at sites located throughout the United States and abroad. Langan receives numerous recognitions for its technical expertise as well as its work environment, including “Best Places to Work” by NJBIZ, Zweig Group’s “Hot Firm” and ranked “Best Firm to Work For” in four categories, “Best Places to Work in Pennsylvania” by Best Companies Group and Pittsburgh Business Times “Best Places to Work in Western PA”, “Top Engineering Firm” by both San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal. Visit our website for more information about our awards and recognitions.
Langan offers its employees opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish! Join our team of industry leaders and make a difference on some of the most exciting and interesting projects in the field!
Langan has an opening for an Environmental Scientist, Geologist, Hydrogeologist, or Environmental Engineer with 5 to 9 years of related environmental experience in our Canonsburg, PA office. As the successful candidate, you will have an enthusiastic, can-do attitude with strong interest in performing: Phase I and Phase II Environmental Site Assessments (ESAs), environmental site characterization and remediation work; soil, groundwater, and air sampling; remedial investigation, design, implementation, monitoring and reporting; data management, processing and evaluation; and technical report preparation. In addition, a strong technical education and technical writing skills, professional demeanor, and desire to learn are essential. Ability to travel for job assignments is a must.
- Bachelor’s degree in Geology, Hydrogeology, Environmental Engineering, or Environmental Science; Master’s degree a plus;
- Possess 5 to 9 years of field experience with environmental investigations and remediation projects in Pennsylvania and/or Ohio and West Virginia;
- Strong technical writing skills and experience in preparing Phase I and II ESA reports;
- Field experience related to groundwater, soil, soil gas, and indoor air sampling as well as drilling is desired;
- Office experience with data reduction, technical report writing, scheduling, and lab coordination a plus;
- Demonstrated ability to organize, implement field work, and provide initial field training to new team members;
- Knowledge of PA/OH/WV Voluntary Remediation Programs and O&G regulations, and federal RCRA and CERCLA regulations;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, judgment and problem-solving capabilities;
- Demonstrated ability to follow direction and work independently as well as in a team environment;
- Prior experience supervising or coordinating work for staff, interns, and others who assist with specific assignments is preferred;
- Ability to interact in a professional manner with clients and subcontractor representatives in close collaboration with supervisor;
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills as well as organization and multi-tasking skills;
- Working knowledge of computers and tablets; GPS mapping experience preferred;
- Candidates must be able to spend at least 50% of working hours in the field while safely maintaining the ability to navigate uneven surfaces or terrain;
- 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER certification;
- Possess a valid driver’s license in good standing and reliable transportation for job site locations;
- Availability to work Monday through Friday with occasional evenings and weekends; and
- Availability and willingness to travel regionally and within the domestic United States.
We offer competitive compensation packages; full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance; 401(k)/Roth with company match; extensive training; buddy and mentoring programs; employee referral and professional license bonuses; educational reimbursement; and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer