Environmental Scientist, Geologist, or Engineer – 3 to 5 Years Experience
|ID: 32127||Location: Houston, TX|
|Discipline: Environmental||Posted Date: 07/31/2019|
Work for an Industry Leader
Dynamic Work Environment
Langan is an award-winning ENR Top 500 Design Firm that offers integrated engineering and environmental services for both public and private sector clients at sites located throughout the United States and abroad. Langan receives numerous recognitions for its technical expertise as well as its work environment, including “Best Places to Work” by NJBIZ, Zweig Group’s “Hot Firm” and ranked “Best Firm to Work For” in four categories, “Best Places to Work in Pennsylvania” by Best Companies Group and Pittsburgh Business Times “Best Places to Work in Western PA”, “Top Engineering Firm” by both San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal. Visit our website for more information about our awards and recognitions.
Langan offers its employees opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish! Join our team of industry leaders and make a difference on some of the most exciting and interesting projects in the field!
Langan has an opening for an Environmental Scientist, Geologist, or Engineer with 3 to 5 years of experience in our Houston, TX office. As the successful candidate, you will have an enthusiastic, can-do attitude with strong interest in performing: environmental site investigation, assessment, and remediation work; soil and groundwater sampling; vapor intrusion investigation; remedial investigation, design, implementation and monitoring; pilot tests; data management, processing and evaluation; and report preparation. In addition, possession of a strong technical education, professional demeanor, and desire to learn are essential. Ideal candidates will have some professional experience with air emissions/permitting software.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil/Environmental Engineering, Geology, or Science; Master’s degree preferred;
- Field experience including air, soil vapor, soil, and groundwater sampling as well as drilling;
- Experience related to air permitting (including PBRs and NSRs) including knowledge of emission software (Air Modeling Software, AERMOD, ProMax, EPA TANKS, a plus);
- 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER certification;
- Working knowledge of computers including gINT; AutoCAD and GIS are a plus;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, judgment and problem-solving capabilities;
- Ability to interact in a professional manner with clients and subcontractor representatives in close collaboration with supervisor;
- Demonstrated ability to follow direction and work in a team environment;
- Possession of a professional demeanor with strong technical skills and a health and safety conscious demeanor;
- Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation, and organization skills;
- Ability to travel to various job sites and spend most, if not all, of the work day on-site and meet with clients as required;
- Reliable transportation to access job sites and a valid driver’s license in good standing;
- Ability and desire to travel overnight locally or nationally to job sites as needed; and
- The availability to work Monday through Friday with occasional evenings and weekends.
We offer competitive compensation packages; full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance; 401(k)/Roth with company match; extensive training; buddy and mentoring programs; employee referral and professional license bonuses; educational reimbursement; and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer