Environmental Scientist, Geologist, or Engineer – 4 to 6 Years Experience
|ID: 32548||Location: San Francisco, CA|
|Discipline: Environmental||Posted Date: 12/03/2019|
Work for an Industry Leader
Dynamic Work Environment
Langan is an award-winning ENR Top 500 Design Firm that offers integrated engineering and environmental services for both public and private sector clients at sites located throughout the United States and abroad. Langan receives numerous recognitions for its technical expertise as well as its work environment, including “Best Places to Work” by NJBIZ, Zweig Group’s “Hot Firm” and ranked “Best Firm to Work For” in four categories, “Best Places to Work in Pennsylvania” by Best Companies Group and Pittsburgh Business Times “Best Places to Work in Western PA”, “Top Engineering Firm” by both San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal. Visit our website for more information about our awards and recognitions.
Langan offers its employees opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish! Join our team of industry leaders and make a difference on some of the most exciting and interesting projects in the field!
Langan has an opening for an Environmental Scientist, Geologist, or Environmental Engineer with 4 to 6 Years of Experience in our San Francisco, CA office. The successful candidate will have substantial recent experience managing and performing environmental due diligence phase projects in California. As a part of the Langan team, the successful candidate will be responsible for task and project management, guiding and reviewing the work of staff, report preparation, managing site investigations, and managing proposals and billings.
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science, Engineering, Geology or Hydrogeology required; Master’s degree preferred;
- 4 to 6 years of related experience in environmental due diligence phase project support per ASTM and AAI standards. Specifically, experience conducting and managing Phase I and II Environmental Site Assessment tasks and projects including drilling observation, sampling, and well installation;
- Knowledge of potential contaminants of concern and exposure pathways (e.g., chlorinated solvents, petroleum hydrocarbons, fuel additives, polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons, and heavy metals);
- Preferred knowledge and understanding of California regulations, CERCLA and RCRA;
- Required strong technical writing skills;
- Ability to prepare effective proposals and cost estimates;
- Effectively manage projects from concept through completion;
- Ability to manage and mentor staff;
- Ability to work independently and as an effective team member;
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff, contractors, clients and managers;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, judgment and problem-solving capabilities;
- Excellent verbal and written communication, organizational and multi-tasking skills;
- Working knowledge of MS Word and Excel;
- Possess a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation for remote job site locations;
- Ability to travel to and work in any of the Bay Area offices;
- 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER certification; and,
- Position requires work Monday through Friday with occasional evenings and weekends.
We offer competitive compensation packages; full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance; 401(k)/Roth with company match; extensive training; buddy and mentoring programs; employee referral and professional license bonuses; educational reimbursement; and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer