Environmental Scientist, Geologist, or Engineer (Brownfield Experience) – 15+ Years Experience
|ID: 32075||Location: Doylestown, PA|
|Discipline: Environmental||Posted Date: 06/06/2019|
Work for an Industry Leader
Dynamic Work Environment
Langan is an award-winning ENR Top 500 Design Firm that offers integrated engineering and environmental services for both public and private sector clients at sites located throughout the United States and abroad. Langan receives numerous recognitions for its technical expertise as well as its work environment, including “Best Places to Work” by NJBIZ, Zweig Group’s “Hot Firm” and ranked “Best Firm to Work For” in four categories, “Best Places to Work in Pennsylvania” by Best Companies Group and Pittsburgh Business Times “Best Places to Work in Western PA”, “Top Engineering Firm” by both San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal. Visit our website for more information about our awards and recognitions.
Langan offers its employees opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish! Join our team of industry leaders and make a difference on some of the most exciting and interesting projects in the field!
Langan is a Premier Environmental Consulting Firm with a career opportunity for an Environmental Engineer, Scientist, or Geologist with 15+ years of Brownfields experience in our Doylestown, PA office. The successful candidate will have substantial experience in the industrial and brownfield arenas, managing and performing Brownfields Site Assessment and Cleanup projects in Pennsylvania and surrounding states. A background in preparing grant applications, i.e. US EPA Brownfield Grant and PA DCED Industrial Sites Reuse Program Applications, is a plus. In addition, in-depth knowledge of EPA (CERCLA, RCRA) and PADEP regulations governing site remediation projects, and the ability to interpret and apply the regulations, is essential. Prior remediation experience on fast-paced, multi-disciplinary projects is a definite plus. As a part of the Langan team, the successful candidate will be responsible for project management, guiding and reviewing the work of staff, report and work plan preparation, managing budgets, and interacting with clients and senior management. A strong seller/doer approach is required with an emphasis on client development.
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science or Geology (Master’s degree a plus);
- 15+ years of related Industrial experience and with US EPA and PADEP/PDCED Brownfields; Programs including environmental investigations and assessment and cleanup projects;
- Experience developing strategies for closure of sites with groundwater, soil, and sediment media;
- Remedial design and implementation experience;
- Professional licensure preferred;
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of PA, NJ and Federal regulations;
- Existing client base and strong client development abilities with capability to function as a seller/doer;
- Experience managing projects from concept through completion including budgets and billings;
- Ability to manage and communicate effectively with staff, contractors, clients and managers;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, judgment and problem-solving capabilities;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as organization and multi-tasking skills;
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and related environmental software; AutoCAD and/or GIS a plus;
- 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER certification;
- Possess a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation; and,
- Availability to work overtime.
We offer competitive compensation packages; full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance; 401(k)/Roth with company match; extensive training; buddy and mentoring programs; employee referral and professional license bonuses; educational reimbursement; and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer