Environmental Scientist, Geologist or Engineer – Entry to 3 Years Experience
|ID: 35846||Location: Bethlehem, PA|
|Discipline: Environmental||Posted Date: 01/15/2021|
Work for an Industry Leader
Challenging Projects & Dynamic Work Environment
Extensive Training Program
Community Service Opportunities
Langan is an award-winning ENR Top 500 Design Firm that offers integrated engineering and environmental services for both public and private sector clients at sites located throughout the United States and abroad. Langan receives numerous recognitions for its technical expertise as well as its work environment, including “Best Places to Work” by NJBIZ, Zweig Group’s “Hot Firm” and ranked “Best Firm to Work For” in four categories, “Best Places to Work in Pennsylvania” by Best Companies Group and Pittsburgh Business Times “Best Places to Work in Western PA”, “Top Engineering Firm” by both San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal. Visit our website for more information about our awards and recognitions.
Langan offers its employees opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish! Join our team of industry leaders and make a difference on some of the most exciting and interesting projects in the field!
Langan has an opening for an Environmental Scientist, Geologist or Engineer – Entry to 3 Years Experience in our Bethlehem, PA office. As the successful candidate, you will have an enthusiastic, can-do attitude with a strong interest in working in the office and field supporting various environmental and natural resource projects. In addition, a strong technical education, professional demeanor and the desire to learn is essential.
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science, Geology, Biology, Engineering or related field, Master’s degree preferred;
- Current OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER certification preferred;
- Field experience including groundwater, soil, and soil gas sampling;
- Knowledge of how to conduct wetland delineations and environmental site assessments;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, judgment and problem-solving capabilities;
- Strong field mapping skills;
- Demonstrated ability to follow direction and work independently as well as in a team environment;
- Exceptional report writing, organizational, time management and communication skills;
- Ability to work in the field approximately 50% of the time, which requires lifting and moderately strenuous activity;
- Working knowledge of computers and GPS mapping;
- Possess a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation for remote job site locations;
- Position requires work Monday through Friday with occasional evenings and weekends as well as some overnight travel; and
- Availability and willingness to travel regionally and within the domestic United States.
We offer competitive compensation packages; full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance; 401(k)/Roth with company match; extensive training; buddy and mentoring programs; employee referral and professional license bonuses; educational reimbursement; and much more!
Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer