Environmental Scientist, Geologist, or Environmental Engineer – 2 to 5 Years Experience
|ID: 31901||Location: Pittsburgh, PA|
|Discipline: Environmental||Posted Date: 06/07/2019|
Work for an Industry Leader
Challenging Projects & Dynamic Work Environment
Extensive Training Program
Community Service Opportunities
Langan is an award-winning ENR Top 500 Design Firm that offers integrated engineering and environmental services for both public and private sector clients at sites located throughout the United States and abroad. Langan receives numerous recognitions for its technical expertise as well as its work environment, including Zweig Group’s Best Firms to Work For, Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Award – Best Places to Work, NJ Biz Best Places to Work and Business of the Year – 50 Fastest Growing Companies, Hartford Business Journal’s Best Places to Work in CT, and Pittsburgh Business Times – Best Places to Work in Western PA. Visit our website for more information about our awards and recognitions.
Langan offers its employees opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish! Join our team of industry leaders and make a difference on some of the most exciting and interesting projects in the field!
Langan has an opening for an Environmental Scientist, Geologist, or Environmental Engineer with 2 to 5 years of related environmental experience in our Canonsburg, PA office. As the successful candidate, you will have an enthusiastic, can-do attitude with strong interest in performing: Phase I Environmental Site Assessments (ESA), environmental site investigation and remediation work; soil, groundwater, and air sampling; remedial investigation, design, implementation, monitoring and reporting; data management, processing and evaluation; environmental due diligence; and report preparation. In addition, a strong technical education and technical writing skills, professional demeanor, and desire to learn are essential.
- Bachelor’s degree in Geology, Environmental Engineering, or Environmental Science; Master’s degree a plus;
- Ideally will possess 2 to 5 years of field experience with environmental investigations and remediation projects in Pennsylvania and/or Ohio and West Virginia;
- Strong technical writing skills and experience in preparing Phase I and II ESA reports;
- Field experience related to groundwater, soil, and soil gas sampling as well as drilling is desired;
- Office experience with data reduction, technical report writing, scheduling, and lab coordination a plus;
- Demonstrated ability to organize, implement field work, and provide initial field training to new team members;
- Knowledge of PA/OH/WV Voluntary Remediation Programs and O&G regulations, and federal RCRA and CERCLA regulations;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, judgment and problem-solving capabilities;
- Demonstrated ability to follow direction and work independently as well as in a team environment;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as organization and multi-tasking skills;
- Working knowledge of computers; GPS mapping experience preferred;
- Candidates must be able to spend at least 50% of working hours in the field;
- 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER certification;
- Possess a valid driver’s license in good standing and reliable transportation for job site locations;
- Availability to work Monday through Friday with occasional evenings and weekends; and,
- Availability and willingness to travel regionally and within the domestic United States.
We offer competitive compensation packages; full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance; 401(k)/Roth with company match; extensive training; buddy and mentoring programs; employee referral and professional license bonuses; educational reimbursement; and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer