Environmental Scientist, Geologist, or Environmental Engineer – 4 to 6 Years Experience
|ID: 33790||Location: New Haven, CT|
|Discipline: Environmental||Posted Date: 06/08/2020|
Work for an Industry Leader
Dynamic Work Environment
Langan is an award-winning ENR Top 500 Design Firm that offers integrated engineering and environmental services for both public and private sector clients at sites located throughout the United States and abroad. Langan receives numerous recognitions for its technical expertise as well as its work environment, including “Best Places to Work” by NJBIZ, Zweig Group’s “Hot Firm” and ranked “Best Firm to Work For” in four categories, “Best Places to Work in Pennsylvania” by Best Companies Group and Pittsburgh Business Times “Best Places to Work in Western PA”, “Top Engineering Firm” by both San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal. Visit our website for more information about our awards and recognitions.
Langan offers its employees opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish! Join our team of industry leaders and make a difference on some of the most exciting and interesting projects in the field!
Langan has an opening for an Environmental Scientist, Geologist, or Environmental Engineer with 4 to 6 years of related environmental experience in our New Haven, CT office. As the successful candidate, you will be responsible for providing field services for construction and site remediation projects, including performing field tests and collecting field data, monitoring complex construction and remediation projects, compiling daily reports, and preparing written applications, reports, and other documentation for submittal to clients and regulatory agencies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science, or related field required, Master’s degree preferred;
- 4 to 6 years of prior related environmental experience;
- Knowledge of Connecticut environmental regulations required;
- Field experience related to site investigations and remediation projects required;
- Office experience related to scheduling, technical report writing and lab coordination;
- Demonstrated ability to organize and implement field work, and to provide initial field training to new team members;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, judgment and problem-solving capabilities;
- Demonstrated ability to follow direction and work independently, as well as in a team environment;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as organization and multi-tasking skills;
- Working knowledge of computers; AutoCAD, GIS modeling and mapping experience preferred;
- Ability to work in the office and the field as necessary;
- 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER certification and current OSHA 8-hour refresher required;
- Possess a valid driver’s license in good standing and reliable transportation for remote job site locations; and
- Availability to work Monday through Friday with occasional evenings and weekends.
We offer competitive compensation packages; full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance; 401(k)/Roth with company match; extensive training; buddy and mentoring programs; employee referral and professional license bonuses; educational reimbursement; and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer